Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Responsible for assisting in the design and buildout of the Lockbox Processing Operations unit, and managing the team s day to day operations and staff. Managerial experience and a proven record of process improvement and operational efficiency are essential skills for success in this role. Assist in the business unit s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements, and company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Consult with project team on all aspects of development, design, and implementation of lockbox facility
* Hire, train, supervise, and develop the lockbox team
* Establish goals for the unit in accordance with and in support of company, division, and department objectives
* Establish department processes and workflow for efficient and secure lockbox operations
* Interact with senior leadership, IT, accounting, treasury, and operations to solve problems and drive strategic direction of business
* Manage team handling a high volume of check processing in a secure environment
* Determine and establish work priorities and schedules; monitor unit s performance to ensure that department objectives and customer service level agreements are achieved via monthly business reviews
* Develop and maintain business continuity and disaster preparedness plans for the assigned unit
* Assist with testing and implementation of system upgrades as necessary
* Manage relationships with third party hardware and software providers
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 10+ years of Accounts Receivable operations experience
* 4+ years of lead/supervisory experience in a high volume operations environment
* Must be knowledgeable of general accounting principles and practices, budgeting
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
* Works independently with little supervision
* Lockbox operations experience
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*