Kitchen Receiving Agent and Prep Cook at Hotel Nikko San Francisco
Posted in Other 3 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, California
Hotel Nikko San Francisco, voted a Best Place to Work by San Francisco Business Times, is a luxury property located just off Union Square in Downtown San Francisco, with 532 guest rooms and suites and 22,000 square feet of meeting and banquet room space and has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a non-exempt Full-Time Kitchen Receiving Agent and Prep Cook to work in our kitchen.
* Collaborate with the purchasing and kitchen managers to list expected deliveries
* Scan items and enter into Clear Sky Inventory System
* Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
* Inspect product to ensure top quality
* Weigh meat, poultry and fish for accuracy
* Verify packages according to order, invoices and packing list (quantity, quality, price etc.)
* Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified and report it to the kitchen manager
* Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
* Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
* Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
* Store and organize product in appropriate areas within the 2nd floor kitchen and B1 cooler; rotating and dating all products
* Assist with prepping for all kitchen stations
* Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
* Ability to demonstrate basic knife skills
* Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
* Strong math and recording abilities
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
* Great communication and interpersonal abilities, ability to communicate verbally in English
* Very Detailed with an eye for detail
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand, walk, knee, squat for a majority of the shift
* Assist in cleaning, peeling, cutting, cooking and storing all vegetables and herbs
* Assist in boning and cutting fish
* Maintain safety and cleanliness of work area
* Decrease risk of food spoilage through activities including, but not limited to proper rotation of food stock, proper storage of food before and after use, and proper chilling of fillings used
* Inform chef of deficiencies in stock or quality
* Interact in courteous and professional manner with guests and hotel staff.
* Comply with simple instructions
* Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure
* Must be available to work Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm, including holidays
Education and Experience:
* Minimum 1 year experience as a cook or equivalent experience
* High school diploma
* Experience working in a hotel kitchen, restaurant and/or banquet kitchen highly preferred
* This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Excellent medical, dental, vision benefits, 401K, Friends and Family discounts at other Nikko hotels abroad and friends and family rates at participating hotels and more.
"Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records."
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vet/Disabled.