Behavior Specialist at The May Institute Inc.
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Randolph, Massachusetts
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph is currently seeking a Behavior Specialist who will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of behavioral services to our students. This includes supervising the daily implementation of behavior support plans in the classrooms.
Part of what sets May Institute apart from other organizations is our uncompromising commitment to professionalism and excellence. Our work is grounded in evidence-based ABA practice. Our mission and vision drive us to understand each person s unique needs and find effective means to help each individual reach his or her potential and live as independently as possible. We are proud to be an active center of training and research, and are dedicated to improving our employees clinical understanding and creating research opportunities.
We offer a competitive salary, an array of exceptional benefits, flexible scheduling to meet the needs of families, fully paid in-house training, continuing education seminars, internal transfers and promotions, generous time off, and the opportunity to work with national experts in the fields of ASD and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, and behavioral health.
Other terrific opportunities for professional growth and development include:
A highly collaborative environment and the opportunity to work with teams of BCBAs
Tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness and opportunities to participate in graduate programs
Senior-level clinical support and supervision from doctoral-level BCBAs
Participation in applied and grant-funded research
Opportunities to publish and present
Diverse clinical experiences across age ranges and populations in the community and at our world-class schools and outstanding adult programs
Ongoing professional development tailored to areas of interest
Cutting-edge developments in computerized data management systems and technology for communication and language training
Supervision hours to meet advanced academic requirements
Generous compensation and great benefits package
* Conduct behavior assessments as needed to identify problem behavior; develop appropriate support plans to correct problem behaviors.
* Train classroom staff to implement behavior support plans with integrity
* Collect and analyze IOA, treatment integrity, crisis intervention, and problem behavior data
* Modify behavior support plans based on data collected
* Provide staff training and feedback based on data collected
* Ensure appropriate contact with parents regarding behavioral issues
* Assist in the admissions process with the identification and screening of possible students to be served by the program
* Liaise with residential, administrative, and support service departments
* Master s degree in a related field
* BCBA, or making progress toward BCBA certification
* Previous experience conducting behavior assessments and developing behavior intervention plans
* Demonstrated supervisory experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
May Institute is an equal opportunity employer.