Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, California
The mission of Symantec s Consumer Digital Safety Segment is to protect our customers information, identities, devices, homes, and families with Norton and LifeLock technology solutions. Every day we protect more than 50 million consumers and small businesses in over 60 countries around the globe. Norton's broad array of industry-leading, award-winning technologies include device protection for PC, Mac and mobile (iOS and Android), secure backup, password management, and parental controls. Norton recently developed a new set of innovative technologies to protect internet connected devices and families in the home (IoT). Norton and LifeLock have also joined forces to provide the broadest set of digital safety solutions by leveraging LifeLock s comprehensive Identity Protection Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This position is responsible for managing the development, innovation, planning, and execution of the Strategic Pricing processes within Symantec s Consumer Business Unit (CBU). This professional will define pricing strategies that drive specific revenue objectives, including maximizing unit sales, revenues, profits and overall customer lifetime value.
This role will apply knowledge of statistical modeling and data analytics to solve impactful business problems, identify key opportunities, and promote data-driven decision making. It will partner cross-functionally to evaluate price sensitivity, understand competitive pricing and test new pricing strategies. It will also implement and improve internal processes to track pricing feedback and monitor compliance.
The ideal candidate must be both strategic and long-term oriented, while simultaneously living in the data and teasing out consumer price elasticity opportunities. This role requires exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail, as well as ability to adapt quickly in a business environment where transformation is constant. He/she must have the ability to develop a broad knowledge of the business, and leverage that knowledge to deliver automated, scalable systems and tools that deliver information and confidence to make pricing decisions efficiently.
* Develop and maintain pricing capability, including the tools, frameworks, analysis and testing methodologies required to gain and maintain a deep understanding of consumer price elasticities across a broad range of categories and products
* Develop, maintain and deploy specific pricing and promotional strategies that help to further the company s goals
* Gather data related to the evolving marketplace and competitive landscape and use data to inform strategy development, modeling and analysis
* Support the CBU s agenda with deep analytic drill downs into areas identified for expansion and performance improvement
* Work with teams across the globe to identify and pursue revenue generation opportunities to leverage Symantec s global scale
* Work with cross functional stakeholders to design and implement easy-to-interpret, actionable dashboards for various target audiences to track past and current sales and pricing performance, and compare to forecasts and plans
* Maintain pricing subject matter expertise, staying abreast of developments and best practices. Provide guidance, support, leadership and change management in the execution of the pricing processes in achieving short term financial objectives and longer term strategy
* Experience in developing and executing pricing strategies, with deep understanding of the fundamentals and analytics required to fully flesh out consumer price elasticity at a nuanced and actionable level
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent with a strong quantitative background, MBA or comparable graduate degree preferred
* 10+ years of relevant experience with 2 or more years of experience as a people leader, experience in the subscription business or Pricing a plus
* Demonstrated ability to gather and utilize marketplace data to inform pricing strategy and goals
* Proven analytical skills and adeptness with analytical tools, including advanced Excel, SQL, and statistical modeling packages
* An ability and interest in developing and executing strategy and creating models and analysis to support the strategy
* Experience in strategic planning, including market assessment, company and peer assessment, competitive dynamics evaluation, and strategy formulation
* Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings to diverse audiences, including executive management
* Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
* Proven ability to work effectively with an array of cross-functional teams across the company and to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; ability to take the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit and influencing decision-making across functions/departments
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.