Sr Mobile Developer (iOS & Android) Consumer Digital Safety at Symantec
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: CULVER CITY, California
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
CONSUMER DIGITAL SAFETY
Be part of the mobile revolution. The hottest and most relevant space in technology today! Symantec's Norton team is looking for talented, driven & creative individuals to work on the next generation of industry leading products, technologies and services. The post-PC era is here and the new battleground is your mobile device. Protect yourself and loved ones who want to work and play in a connected Mobile world.
Work alongside highly skilled and experienced engineers to tackle some of the most challenging problems. Research and suggest implementation of new technologies. Work with a cross functional and international team in a collaborative environment. If there is no App for that, help Norton be the first to deliver it to the world. If there is, make sure the best one on the market comes from Norton. We re hiring experienced mobile developers to help us fulfill our mission.
The mission of Symantec s Consumer Digital Safety Segment is to protect our customers information, identities, devices, homes, and families with Norton and LifeLock technology solutions. Every day we protect more than 50 million consumers and small businesses in over 60 countries around the globe. Norton's broad array of industry-leading, award-winning technologies include device protection for PC, Mac and mobile (iOS and Android), secure backup, password management, and parental controls. Norton recently developed a new set of innovative technologies to protect internet connected devices and families in the home (IoT). Norton and LifeLock have also joined forces to provide the broadest set of digital safety solutions by leveraging LifeLock s comprehensive Identity Protection Services.
* As a seasoned Agile Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a team that creates popular market-leading mobile security products.
* Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
* Deliver incremental working software and test automation with each sprint.
* Quickly and efficiently design, implement, and test great, high quality mobile software.
* Exercise good architectural judgment in developing software and test automation.
* Participate in peer code / design / test reviews and be receptive to fellow experts helping you improve your craft.
* Good debugging and problem solving both individually and in a team.
* Develop tools and documents and be able to train others.
* Use static analysis and code coverage to improve quality.
* Participate in team discussion on continual improvement.
* Present/demo completed work in agile meetings in a clear and concise manner.
* Possess a BS / MS Computer Science or equivalent degree.
* 4 to 7 years of industry experience
* Solid software engineering skills are a must.Strong competencies in algorithms, software design, data structures, client/server design.
* Possess deep technical knowledge of mobile application development and testing (Android or iOS)
* Have familiarity with Android / iOS OS implementation and frameworks
* Possess good problem-solving skills to be able to isolate issues in complex environments, especially in mobile technology.
* Take ownership and have pride in doing things with quality and excellence.
* Motivated by working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment.
* Be a fast learner and self-starter with intellectual horsepower.
* Driven by doing work that matters.You will make the world more secure.
* Have experience with Unit testing Frameworks
* Have good interpersonal skills, capable of performing well as part of a high performing collaborative group.
* Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Having published their own apps for iOS or Android.
* Automation skill desired.
* Generalist Engineer with ability to work outside your comfort zone
* Experience with Agile development methodologies.
* Experienced in designing scalable UI frameworks
* Familiarity/Expertise with Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.