Site Reliability Engineer - LifeLock/Norton at Symantec
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Symantec is the world leader in providing solutions to help individuals and enterprises assure the security, availability, and integrity of their information.
Symantec's Norton Business Unit, the team that brings you the trusted "Norton" security, storage and systems management products, is looking for talented individuals to work on the next generation of industry leading products, technologies and services.
The Norton Site Reliability Engineering Team is a global team that supports mission critical high transaction cloud based server applications. The group is responsible for providing engineering operations support to our production systems. This involves developing tools, performing preventive maintenance of systems, troubleshooting production issues, as well as analyzing requests and providing appropriate solutions. We currently require the services of a Site Reliability Engineer to meet the requirements below.
* Respond to critical Application Alerts
* Developing and maintaining high-quality monitoring tools
* Start and lead technical troubleshooting sessions
* Research and investigate production application defects and provide solutions for resolution
* Research and investigate production system incidents
* Provide technical insight on development projects
* Assist with capacity planning
* Assist with creation and tuning of monitoring tools
* Document and communicate progress on resolving issues
* Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on system incidents
* Communicate regularly with globally dispersed teams
* Build relationships with external teams, and resources
* Follow established team processes for partner communication
* Assist with testing and validating production applications
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university. Masters preferred.
* Expertise in UNIX / LINUX / Solaris / Windows Operating Systems
* Development experience with Java, Python, Ruby, C#, C++ languages, .NET framework
* Shell scripting experience
* Clear understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies.
* Experience with Oracle Database query tools, including the ability to write complex SQL queries
* Demonstrated ability to understand complex network architecture (Firewall, Load Balancer, DNS, Routing, Switching)
* Understanding of Client/server/database architecture
* Able to articulate strong stance for product quality and customer satisfaction, balancing business goals and commitments with quality objectives
* Proven track record of delivery and commitment to customers
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to work effectively in globally distributed team structure
* Be able to isolate defects effectively and provide specific conditions for reproducibility
* Experience with server and application monitoring tools (Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, Sensu, Graphite, LogStash, etc)
* Operational Automation experience (RunDeck, Puppet, Jenkins)
* Experience with Oracle database monitoring
* Experience working with .NET Applications
* Familiarity with WebLogic preferred
* Networking experience; CCNA certification preferred
* NoSQL Database experience preferred
* Experience with Mercury test suite including QTP, Loadrunner and Quality Centre or similar products preferred
* Knowledge of Apache product suite particularly Tomcat
* Knowledge of XML parsing and generation
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.