LS A/P Lead at HAECO Americas
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
The A&P Lead Mechanic is a mechanic who is a working member of his crew, who is charged with the responsibility of leading, directing, assigning and approving the work of the other members of his/her crew. Lead Mechanics are selected for their technical skills with due consideration for their interpersonal skills, as well as, their ability to communicate effectively with others, lead people and accept responsibility. The A&P Lead is accountable for maintaining a positive relationship with the various authorities and customers and assisting with identifying potential growth opportunities, at the local level.
* Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within safety guidelines.
* Read, understand and ensure compliance with TLC policies and procedures.
* Ensure work records are properly documented and maintained in accordance with the TLC RSQM.
* Ensure that proper FAA approved/acceptable technical data is available to the crew and used when performing maintenance.
* Assign work schedules and lead operations in the most effective manner eliminating waste for the crew to ensure needed coverage and maximized productivity.
* Responsible for performing duties in a safe manner and ensuring subordinates perform duties in a safe manner consistent with company and federal safety guidelines.
* Responsible for proper work execution.
* Responsible to ensure the assigned crew performs quality work in accordance with the applicable technical data.
* Ensure crew members are qualified and that they use proper procedures, manual references, and proper tools to accomplish their assigned task.
* Perform on the job training, as required and determine any additional training needs.
* Monitor attendance and ensure time keeping procedures are being followed for assigned crew and report discrepancies.
* Ensure accurate and complete turnover and schedule work for the assigned crew members.
* Assist in preparing performance evaluations of assigned crew members.
* Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
* Resolve employee problems and complaints through good communications, being receptive to the employees and by working with appropriate management staff.
* Maintain a clean and professional work environment.
* Accomplish all functions in a cost-effective manner.
* Responsible to maintain a positive relationship with local airport authorities as well as the customer and assist with identifying potential growth opportunities and customers at the local level.
* Four (4) plus years experience performing as an accomplished aircraft mechanic on heavy commercial aircraft, preferably line maintenance, and previously demonstrated ability to lead others.
* Capable of interpreting drawings and blueprints to accomplish a specific task.
* A/P, A or P License or Repairman s Certification required for assignments to FAR regulated programs.
* Must have good general, demonstrated knowledge of overall aircraft systems and procedures.
* Must have good written and oral communication skills and be able to interact with a wide variety of people.
* Must have good general knowledge of regulatory processes and procedures.
* Must have basic business knowledge and be able to manage cost and expense.
* Read, write and understand the English Language.
* Must have own tools as required by company tool list.
* Must have the ability to lead people and accept responsibility.
* Flexible hours and off shift duties may be required.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be self motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
HAECO Americas is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.