Water/Wastewater Engineer at Gresham Smith & Partners
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Water/Wastewater Engineer | Cincinnati, OH
Share your passion. Fulfill your potential. At Gresham, Smith and Partners (GS&P), our people are the heart of our organization and it is through their talent, dedication and passion that we are able to accomplish extraordinary things on behalf of our clients and within our communities. And, we are committed to providing our employees a workplace that supports continued professional growth and opportunity within a culture that values a sense of belonging and community. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go and the difference you can make with the right resources behind you. Sound good* Keep reading.
Our Water + Environmental practice is a thriving and growing organization that is looking for talented individuals who are excited to join a successful, sustainable team that provides industry leading technical knowledge and innovation, exceptional client service, and effective project delivery. Are you an aspiring engineer of complex environmental solutions for water/wastewater collection, storage and treatment facilities, modeling and master planning, and/or large industrial projects* Do you want to explore the challenges of consulting with and providing award-winning solutions for clients around the world* Do you value collaborating with an in-house, multi-disciplinary team on a wide variety of project types* We have expansive growth opportunities for the right individual!
* Support senior engineers by performing specific and limited portions of their more broad assignments.
* Provide support for design projects including collection, pumping, treatment and distribution systems, environmental compliance, permitting, stormwater planning and design, water / wastewater utilities, drainage systems and earthworks for municipal, county and private entities.
* Perform design calculations, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work.
* Assist and lead in the design and production of engineering drawings and specifications for delivery of projects.
* Check, interpret and revise engineering drawings. Plan and conduct code research. Research design options and document findings. Coordinate with other disciplines.
* Assist with Project Managers tasks.
* B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or like degree with relevant experience is required.
* EIT is required
* Professional Engineering (P.E.) license is desired, but not required. Licensure in Ohio is preferred.
* Minimum of 4 years' experience in environmental/water resources engineering consulting for local government/municipal or industrial clients.
* Proven understanding and knowledge of CAD for production.
* Strong understanding of environmental regulations and potential application to clients needs required.
* Involvement in developing project plans, anticipating and addressing project issues, leading meetings with clients, and directing the completion of technical reports is preferred.
About: Gresham, Smith and Partners provides design and consulting solutions for the built environment that contribute to the success of national and international clients. For 50 years, GS&P has focused on enhancing quality of life and sustainability within communities. GS&P consists of industry-leading professionals practicing architecture and engineering design as well as scientists and highly specialized planning and strategic consultants in Aviation, Corporate and Urban Design, Environmental Services, Federal, Healthcare, Industrial, Land Planning, Transportation and Water Resources. GS&P consistently ranks among the top architecture and engineering firms in the United States. For more information regarding GS&P, visit www.greshamsmith.com.
Gresham, Smith and Partners is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham, Smith and Partners (GS&P) will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GS&P PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GS&P explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GS&P s hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GS&P upon receipt.