STAMPING OPERATOR III at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Automotive is one of the leading providers of advanced automobile connectivity solutions. We enable nearly every electronic function in the car -- from alternative power systems to infotainment and sensor technologies all in a harsh environment. No matter which technology path OEMs choose to innovate for the connected car, we re committed to helping our customers meet evolving challenges and requirements.
TE Connectivity's Stamping Teams operate assigned automated stamping machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
TE connectivity is seeking candidates interested in joining our team as a Stamping Operator III at our Greensboro, NC facility. The Stamping Operator III is responsible for set-up and operation and minor troubleshooting and repairs of high speed stamping presses. This includes making necessary adjustment to stamping presses and auxiliary equipment.
* Setup of stamping dies and presses. Loads die into press. Adjust stroke, ram, feed and release. Pull modules, check thickness, re-install and thread die.
* Setup and adjust operate auxiliary equipment (i.e., reeler, vision system).
* Initiate press start up and make necessary adjustments
* Perform quality check per the Quality Inspection Plan (QIP). This would include visual inspections and associated measurements per print and at required intervals using comparator, ram optic, toolmakers scope, and assorted gauges, etc.
* Operate stamping press as required, including thread up and adjust feed, assemble reels (plastic and cardboard), load empty reels on reeler, label completed reels and take off reeler and place on reel cart. Monitor vision system. Check and keep lube filled
* Documentation during shift including IPCS, trace, documenting repair log during shift, fill out pro job ticket and scrap form and report production in HP system
* Order raw material and change stock when needed
* 5S- Housekeeping and organization. Remove scrap and change scrap pan as required. Empty trash
* Troubleshoot and make minor repairs to stamping processes
* Sharpen or repair or condition of die tooling
* Monitor and verify presses operating correctly
* Train operators and other setup personnel
* Perform all other work related duties as assigned
* High school diploma or GED required
* Associates degree in machine technology preferred or equivalent experience
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints and use various measuring devices
* Two years work experience operating high speed stamping presses
* Ability to do close tolerance grinding, milling and drilling
* Must be proficient in the English language
This job description is subject to change at any time
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.