Assembler - Archdale, NC at Hubbell Incorporated
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Archdale, North Carolina
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
Perform various tasks that are involved with assembling components and other sub-assemblies; and which may include testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures; Assemble product according to drawings/Bills of Materials/Work Instructions
* Quality inspection; Audit/Test
* Monitor machine operation on computer display
* Read, interpret and follow mechanical assembly drawings
* Tool/finished goods calibration and documentation
* Packing; Process Paperwork for shipping
* Inspect/repair RMA
* Maintain line efficiency or work pace set by operating standards.
* To assemble one part to another without causing poor quality or rejects.
* Observe & practice all safety rules including but not limited to safely operate air tools & other equipment etc..
* Report problems with quality, processes, equipment & materials to Group Lead/Prod. Supv.
* Provide hands on job function training to coworkers as needed.
* Maintain a clean & organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions & to promote 5S.
* Cross training in other areas when required.
* Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
* Good manual dexterity required.
* Ability to lift 20-25 lbs, using proper lifting techniques.
* Ability to use hand tools and operate machines when required
* Ability to maneuver 50 lbs.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work overtime as necessary.
* Good work ethics required.
* Ability to follow directions.
* Ability to pay attention to detail.
* Ability to stay focused on tedious tasks.
* Ability to read and understand instructions in English
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.