Machine Operator - Freeburg, IL at Hubbell Incorporated
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Perform production work as assembler, packer, spot welder, welder and/or painter.
Duties and Responsibilities
Must be able to read and understand blue prints and routings and produce parts from the information obtained from them to the required tolerances.
* Responsible for the quality of the parts produced.
* Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
* Maintain simple reports or productivity, quality and safety.
* Knowledge of grind welds using grinder wheel/belt sanders.
* Knowledge of grinds using Buffer wheel.
* Knowledge changes sand belts. Use air grinder to grind larger boxes. Use reciprocal sander to remove scratches from boxes
Skills and Experience
* Poses and able to use inspections equipment to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all required tools to perform the functions of their job.
* Physically able to do the work requiring frequent standing, bending and lifting up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 - 60 lbs. occasionally.
* Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
* Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machine and inspect parts.
* Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
* Must be able to pass the respiratory test per OSHA requirement
* Must be able to stand 8 to 10 hours days.
High School Diploma
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.