Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, Virginia
The Banquet Captain is responsible for supervising and assisting with the set-up, service and clean-up of all assigned banquet functions.
* Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
* Inspect the set-up of meeting and banquet functions, checking them against the Banquet Event Order.
* Supervise and assist with the set-up of assigned catered functions, ensuring that the hotel s standards are met, and advance preparation for service is adequate to allow efficient service to the guest once the function begins.
* Act as liaison between Sales/Catering Manager and the in-house meeting or banquet contact.
* Respond to guests needs in a timely manner. Communicate problems/issues to the Banquet Manager, Banquet Supervisor, or the Food & Beverage Manager.
* Assist Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager with the creation of the Banquet Work Schedule and completion of Banquet Wage Progress Reports.
* Assist in service of functions as required.
* Requisition liquor for all banquet bars and maintain proper control over banquet beverage service.
* Supervise and assist with the break down after the completion of functions to ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
* Inspect the sanitation of all function space and storage areas to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness and organization throughout the department.
* Follow all state liquor laws.
* Be familiar with banquet menus and prices.
* Supervise banquet staff as directed by Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager.
* Hold pre-function meetings, and check staffing and menus, prior to events.
* Assign side-work duties and stations to all servers.
* Supervise service of station or banquet room.
* Prepare banquet checks and obtain signatures from guest contacts.
* Monitor ongoing functions throughout assigned shift.
* Supervise the breakdown and cleanup of all functions assigned.
* Verify server s paperwork when event is complete.
* Prepare accurate captains reports.
* Assist Banquet Manager/Supervisor/F&B Manager with the hiring and training of banquet staff.
* Assist in set up of audio/visual, as necessary.
* Handle items for Lost and Found according to the standards.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a related field preferred.
* College course work in a related field helpful
* Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.