Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Graphic Packaging International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a leading global provider of paper-based packaging solutions for a wide variety of products for food, beverage, foodservice and other consumer products companies. We are one of the largest producers of folding cartons and hold a leading market position in solid bleached sulfate, coated unbleached kraft and coated recycled paperboard. Graphic Packaging's customers include some of the most widely- recognized companies in the world.
We achieve our vision by delivering value to our customers, building a high-performance culture for our employees and creating superior returns for our shareholders. We strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate.
Graphic Packaging has approximately 17,000 employees working in more than 60 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Responsibilities for participants in the internship program will include:
* Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) process to identify root cause and determine corrective actions to prevent recurrence of equipment failure.
* Analyze downtime to identify \\"bad actors\\" and assist in prioritizing reliability improvement efforts.
* Lead one or more projects that will be started and completed within the summer.
* Assist in maintaining and modifying existing information and control systems.
* Assist in writing standard operating procedures.
* Provide engineering support to other departments as needed.
* Possible Projects based on Intern's Major / Area of Concentration:
* Update electrical schematics and clean panels.
* Assist in the design and build of simple testing stations.
* Assist in the design and build of electro/mechanical stations.
* Present to the department periodically and to senior leadership at the end of the internship
* Shares an obligation to protect and strengthen Graphic Packaging International's good reputation in our relationships with customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, investors, and governmental agencies, and to act consistently with our core values: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork.
* Lean, Six Sigma, 5S
* Capital Improvement Projects
* Proficient with MicroSoft Office, Outlook ,and internet research skills
* Requires use of all general office equipment (e.g. fax, copier, telephone, etc.)
* Proven track record of identifying opportunities and the ability to recommend and implement improvements
* Project management experience preferred
* Leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and influence others
* Needs to be a self-starter, self-directed, and willingness to take action to move forward with ideas.
* High School Diploma, GED
* Currently working on associates, undergraduate, four-year Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical)
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.