Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Torrington, Connecticut
Log back in!
MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR 2ND SHIFT
MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR 2ND SHIFT
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
FuelCell Energy is transforming the world s energy landscape by delivering clean and efficient solutions for the supply, recovery and storage of energy. We thrive on innovation as our fuel cell power plants provide answers to some of the industry s biggest challenges, such as generating a virtually pollutant-free and affordable supply of electric power within cities, reducing carbon emissions from coal and gas-fired power stations, and producing hydrogen for transportation, industry and utility-scale energy storage. Our unique mission requires a diverse, energetic and creative workforce, and our shared passion for a cleaner energy future is the foundation of our Company s culture. We take pride in what we have accomplished and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions that address energy, environmental and economic challenges for power users and communities world-wide.
With SureSource installations on three continents and millions of megawatt hours of ultra-clean power produced, FuelCell Energy is a global leader with environmentally responsible power solutions.
Join our team and contribute to a brighter, cleaner energy future.
We are seeking a highly motivated, effective team leader to supervise the operation of the department to achieve Safety, Quality, Throughput, and Cost objectives.
* Responsible for daily supervision of production staff, including but not limited to proper execution of Work Instructions, manpower and labor, materials management and production reporting.
* Responsible for safety as it pertains to equipment and employee work rules. Provides accurate and timely reporting of Safety incidents and issues.
* Delivers direct, on-the-job product and process training to hourly shop floor operators. Ensures employee training is current and compliant and evaluates operator proficiency for job sign off. Monitors the shop process to ensure operators are following the Work Instructions.
* Provides effective coordination of production activities between shifts. The STL is expected to arrive a minimum of 30 min before and stay 30 minutes after the shift to ensure proper communication.
* Responsible for employee performance, team motivation and morale.
* Completes performance evaluations in a timely manner. When necessary, follows the proper procedure for disciplining operators.
* Reviews and approves employee timekeeping entries.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education: HS Diploma required. Associates Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing desired and / or Trade School experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in a manufacturing supervisory role of 10 or more employees in a high volume production environment preferred. Experience leading or overseeing teams or groups will also be considered if in conjunction with other related manufacturing experience.
Candidate must be / have:
* Demonstrated ability to supervise employees in a high volume production environment including performance reviews and discipline
* Ability to lead, train and develop a high performing team
* Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
* Quality orientation and attention to detail
* Experience solving production problems using 5 Why approach
* Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
* Math aptitude/ability to handle math equations and conversions in excel
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
* Strong team player
* Experience with a 5S,Standard Work & Kan Ban a plus
* Basic understanding of MS Office Suite
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
* Able to move effectively and timely in and around 70,000+ square foot cement floored manufacturing facility
* Able to move effectively and timely between external office buildings
* Be able and willing to wear required personal protective equipment as designated such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and other PPE as required
* Must be able to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
* Ability to travel to vendor locations as required
* Must be willing and able to work periods of extended shifts, typically but not limited to 10 hours in duration during critical work evolutions.
* Occasional work in a lift truck to heights of up to 30 feet above the ground may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Vet/Disability
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and generous paid leave.
Employment with FCE is subject to pre-employment drug-screen and background investigation.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any FuelCell Energy employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the FuelCell Energy Recruiting team for this position will become the property of FuelCell Energy and no agency fees will be paid.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all U.S. job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by calling 203-205-2070. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.
NOTE: This dedicated phone line and email address are designed exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be acknowledged. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed