Project Manager Engineer II at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $13 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment and is a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These interconnection solutions make possible applications of avionics, jet and propulsion engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and on-board entertainment (EAB) for today's \\"connected aircraft\\". This capability is extended to military, marine, aviation, space, land and drone vehicles, as well as oil and gas exploration of open-ocean deposits. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity that work and resist in the most extreme environments on Earth, from the deepest oceans to the ends of space. In your relentless activities to save space and weight, improve data delivery and power, you will find that AD&M is ready to collaborate with your design team to help you present your product more quickly in the market with smarter and better interconnect solutions.
AD&M is looking for a Project Manager to join our Integrated Systems team. The team has the following charter: To supply the quick turn capabilities needed for prototypes and customer samples. To build tooling for verification of products and processes. To arrive at cost effective solutions by supporting Lean Design for Six Sigma process through simultaneous engineering teams. In summary, to work closely with all facets of the core team from concept to production release.
The Project Manager is the leader of simultaneous engineering teams and is responsible for all aspects of the development phase through to the transfer phase. The Project Manager is responsible to ensure all Key Metrics are measured and met. Including Product and Process verification and qualification, Time to Market, Quality, and all Financial Metrics. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while utilizing skills from PMBOK.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Manage, Lead and unite global Engineering teams comprised of Development Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Business representatives simultaneously toward a common objective
* Ensure the project is \\"staffed for success\\" and escalate with management to negotiate any constraints
* Owns the project schedule and team effort to create the P&L
* Identify potential risk factors that can affect projects schedule and investments and provide potential mitigation plans to resolve prior to becoming issues with real impacts
* Ensure hand over to manufacture is robust and repeatable
* Direct and ensure the forecasted financials of new business opportunities
* Obtain capital expenditure approvals
* Oversee the development of quality control plans
* Track project expenses
* Meet with external customers on an as needed basis to communicate project status and discuss issues related to the project.
* Document meeting minutes and action logs associated with customer meetings.
* Clear and concise communication with internal customers and management to present awareness
* Ensure the team is following proper processes and understand the project(s) objectives to maintain focus
* Arrange for production of prototype samples
* Oversee the preparations for production materials
* Manage the initial production arrangements for new products
* Arrive at cost effective solutions by supporting Lean Design for Six Sigma
* Manage the transfer of the production process to the long term manufacturing site (US, Mexico and India)
* Track project performance metrics such as actual manufacturing costs, tooling efficiencies and quality measures
* Create and maintain project documentation including timelines, action item listings and status reports
* Resolve problems as needed to address customer needs
* Assist with the supervision of staff engineers
* Due to ITAR regulations, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency (green card) is Required to apply for this position.
* BS degree in Engineering preferred
* PMP certification is preferred
* Awareness of design for manufacturability (DFM), Six Sigma process and/or LEAN process methods
* Good working knowledge and experience with connector, harness or integrated systems or manufacturing processes.
* Demonstrated ability to provide effective project leadership within a cross-functional team
* Demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize
* Strong interpersonal & negotiating skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization including customers
* Strong analytical skills and attention to details
* PC proficient, including Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point, and MRP systems
* Passion to succeed, Energy to motivate teams, Perseverance when challenges arise
* Demonstrated ability to create effective project plans
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to machining, molding, plating etc.
* Ability to anticipate problems and resolve them before they become significant issues
* Presentation skills for internal management review and external customer updates
* Project management expertise to drive time-to-market balanced with commitment to quality
* Ability to manage uncertainty
* A conceptual thinker with strong attention to detail
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
At TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters, and now Clarivate Analytics, as one of the Top 100 Innovators, as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, TE Connectivity does not discriminate because of Race, Religion, Color, Age, Gender, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Physical or Mental Disability, or Protected Veteran Status, or any other categories protected by law.
Individuals with disabilities, who require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application and/or to participate in any part of the employee selection process, should contact us via e-mail at CorporateStaffing@TE.com or by phone (610) 893-9333.