Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Major Responsibilities include:
1. Demonstrate expertise in specific area and/or course content.
2. Demonstrate expected behaviors appropriate to ADN/AASN faculty:
3. Serve on department, campus and community committees as assigned.
4. Attend and participate in all required faculty meetings and inservices, campus-wide events and activities scheduled to enhance department of nursing resources (i.e.: media and test reviews).
5. Provide input into departmental goals, budgets, curriculum revisions, evaluation processes, policies and activities, texts, media and other learning resource needs, as appropriate.
6. Issue classroom orientation materials and Classroom Protocols to the students on the first day of class.
7. Monitor and accurately record student attendance, grades, and progress, maintaining student confidentiality at all times.
8. Participate in program evaluation activities
9. Plan, monitor and evaluate instruction provided by associate/assistant nursing instructor
10. Evaluate student progress, recommend remediation, and/or issue written warnings or recommend student probation to Director of Nursing, based on well-documented rationale and in keeping with campus policy.
11. Work collaboratively with the Director of Nursing and other faculty to develop appropriate instructional materials, including information sheets, modules and testing materials, at an appropriate level for the program of study.
12. Adhere to all State Board of Nursing regulations while maintaining professionalism and serving as a role model to students.
13. Prepare lecture materials in advance of presentation and conduct theory presentations in an organized format based on approved curriculum scope and content.
14. Participate on committees providing input on institutional policies regarding recruitment, admission, retention, promotion, and graduation of students.
15. Maintain professional competence by activities which may include nursing practice, community volunteer, continuing education, writing, or participation in professional associations.
16. Maintain student records in compliance with Concorde policies.
17. Ensure confidentiality of student records.
18. Provide academic advisement, guidance and tutoring to students as needed.
19. Adhere to the philosophy, objectives, and standards of the campus.
1. Current RN license in the state of employment.
2. BSN degree Required
3. Meet all of the qualifications as set forth by the Board of Nursing in the state of employment.
See Job Description