EHS&S IT Consultant (Mid-Senior Level) at ERM Information Solutions, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
ERM Information Solutions (ERM IS) is a specialized global practice within ERM, the leading sustainability consultancy. We have the most experienced and largest dedicated Sustainability/Environment Health & Safety (EHS) information solutions team with over 150 professionals focused on delivering solutions to meet the needs of our clients. In this way we help our clients to manage EHS risks and achieve sustainable operational excellence.
We support a worldwide network of clients by assisting them with their Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Management Information System (EMIS) software selection, implementation, system integration, training, roll-out, support, maintenance and improvements.
ERM Information Solutions careers provide our consultants with the opportunity to develop a fit-for-purpose and prioritized enterprise-wide information management strategy to a diverse international client base. As a member of the EMIS services team you will provide our clients with complete program life-cycle services from strategy development to implementation services and long term sustainment support. Our innovative and world-class assignments cover all leading enterprise EHS solutions and help clients meet their EHS information needs in areas such as EHS compliance, emissions management, incident management, management of change, product safety and performance metrics. Senior Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) Consultants have a hands-on role and help lead and develop our capability in the EMIS market.
We are seeking a Senior Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) Consultant to join our highly skilled team in our Americas business unit. The primary purpose of this position is to apply technical Intelex platform experience and EHS&S subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues within established guidelines while also recommending appropriate solutions. In this role you will serve as a technical lead on Intelex projects and effectively work with key clients by assisting them with their EMIS Software selection, implementation, system integration, training, rollout, support, maintenance, and improvements. You will act as a valuable leader amongst a diverse team that is fast-paced and streamlined to address business growth, daily business operations and environmental issues. As a Senior EMIS Consultant, you will work in an environment that promotes proactive cooperation and motivates individuals to maintain a positive attitude in order to consistently deliver quality services and technical solutions that meet business requirements. The successful candidate will be an experienced EMIS consultant who is skilled in the Intelex platform and upholds effective client communication skills.
- Serves as technical lead on Intelex projects which entails discussing functional and technical requirements with clients and the internal consultant team; leading requirements and design workshops; developing and reviewing FTSDs; guiding consultant teams to deliver the solution; assisting with all rounds of testing (internal, functional, User Acceptance Testing, etc.) and sustaining the delivered solution.
- Provides project management capabilities including managing the scope, schedule, and budget for implementation projects.
- Evaluates EHS&S software systems available on the market, including assisting clients with system requirements, system selection, implementation, system integration, training, rollout, support, maintenance, and improvement.
- Implements EHS&S software for industrial/corporate clients worldwide, assisting with system configuration, integration, training, rollout, support, maintenance, and improvements.
- Leads consultant teams that configure/deploy environmental health, safety and sustainability solutions; specific activities include publish system design documents, configure components within the solution, analyze/migrate data, and develop custom reports/dashboards and automated interfaces.
- Supports consultant teams that develop environmental compliance solutions with drafting system design documents, configure technical specifications, analyze/migrate data, and develop automated custom reporting functionality.
- Engages in system support and training documentation teams, prepares and presents training to internal consultants and client system users.
- Facilitates management of change issues with the adoption of new information systems.
- Provides advice on different EHS&S Information Management Systems (EMIS) in response to specific data, organizational and operational requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in an EHS related field.
- INTELEX EMIS Software experience: Technical experience configuring, designing (including writing or reviewing FTSDs), and trouble-shooting a minimum of 2-3 modules, preferably Incident Management, Environmental Compliance, and Corrective Action; QEHS Suite; Forms, Approval Process, Rules, and Reports Factories; Application Builder; Application Server Installation.
- Diversified information technology experience and sound knowledge of EHS software, methodologies, domains and technology required. (Environmental Compliance, Industrial Hygiene and Safety, Occupational Health, Occupational Hygiene, Audit Management, Incident Management & Risk Assessment)
- Enablon, SAP EHSM, opsInfo™ (opsEnvironmental™), Essential Suite®, Syntex IMPACT ERM® Suite, Enviance®, or other EHS&S software systems knowledge and experience a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.