EHS&S IT Consultant (Entry Level) at ERM Information Solutions, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
ERM Information Solutions (ERM IS) is seeking an EHS&S IT Consultant to join our highly skilled team in our NA business unit based in Houston, TX. As the EHS&S IT Consultant, you will have a hands-on role working on innovative and world-class assignments alongside talented individuals Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) expertise. You will provide intelligent and sustainable solutions that foster strategic Environmental, Health, Safety, and Sustainability and overall business objectives. The successful candidate will be a recent university graduate with effective communication skills and an educational and/or professional background in Information Technology, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Theoretical Business. Ideal candidates will have successfully completed university courses that provided exposure to and experience with Environmental software or environmental studies.
The primary purpose of this position is to apply EHS&S subject matter knowledge to effectively work with key clients by assisting them with their EMIS Software selection, implementation, system integration, training, rollout, support, maintenance, and improvements. (Training will be provided.) As the EHS&S IT Consultant, you will be a valuable player amongst a diverse team of EMIS professionals that is fast-paced and streamlined to address business growth, daily business operations and environmental issues. You will work in an environment that promotes proactive cooperation and motivates individuals to maintain a positive attitude in order to consistently deliver quality services and technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Assess clients’ current systems and processes and their ability to support EHS&S information flows.
- Provide advice on different EHS&S Information Management Systems (EMIS) in response to specific data, organizational and operational requirements.
- Implement EMIS software for clients worldwide. Assist with system configuration, integration, training, rollout, support, maintenance, and improvements.
- Support consultant teams that develop environmental compliance solutions with drafting system design documents, configure technical specifications, analyze/migrate data, and develop automated custom reporting functionality.
- Participate in system support and training documentation teams, and prepare and present training to internal consultants and client system users.
- Engage in all life cycle stages of project execution; provide support and enhancement to EMIS platforms and solutions as required to meet overall business objectives of clients.
- Map and analyze end-to-end business processes within third party and proprietary systems as well as integration with EMIS software, following formal IT guidelines.
- Apply functional and technical skill to configure EMIS software; serve as subject matter expert to provide escalation point for production issues.
- University degree holder in an environmental or technical field such as Environmental Sciences, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Theoretical Business.
- Diversified information technology background and knowledge of EHS software, methodologies, domains and technology an advantage. (Environmental Compliance, Industrial Hygiene and Safety, Occupational Health, Occupational Hygiene, Audit Management, Incident Management & Risk Assessment)
- SAP, opsInfo™ (opsEnvironmental™), Essential Suite®, Syntex IMPACT ERM® Suite, SAP EHS Management, Enablon, Intelex, Enviance®, or other EHS&S software systems knowledge and education/professional experience a plus.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.