Mental Health Clinician at On Lok Inc.
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Mental Health Clinician/ Psychotherapist
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Mental and Behavioral Health (MBH) this position participates in a multi-disciplinary team providing for evaluation, individual, family and group treatment for older adults who have mental health and behavioral management needs.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide regular individual and/or family psychotherapy to On Lok participants with MH diagnoses.
- Provide crisis intervention and management as needed.
- Perform intakes and assessments for participants with psychiatric, psychological and/or behavioral management needs.
- Leads therapy groups, for the treatment and monitoring of participants able to benefit from group therapy.
- Participate actively in the interdisciplinary team (IDT) work by offering clinical expertise in team’s planning and problem solving regarding MH issues and behavior management and providing regular training/in-services to the IDT’s members.
- Coordinate treatment plans with IDT on a regular basis.
- Assist psychologist in developing and implementation of programs (e.g. behavior management program) and policies in support of the Mental and Behavioral Health Services.
- All other reasonably related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Masters degree in social work, counseling, or psychology.
2. Valid California license in a mental health profession (MFT or LCSW).
3. Comprehensive range of mental health and substance abuse counseling, assessment and crisis intervention skills.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Good interpersonal skills, including ability to work cooperatively on an interdisciplinary team, and to work with clients who manifest complex psychosocial issues.
7. Ability to work with various ethnic backgrounds and cultural orientations.
See Job Description