Senior W/WW Project Manager (Seller/Doer) Dallas, TX at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience in the planning, design, operations, and management on a wide variety of water, wastewater, and stormwater projects. The ideal candidate has also organized and managed the setup and design of large metropolitan infrastructure projects.
- Participating in municipal clients’ business development activities including:
- developing strategic capture plans marketing materials and presentations
- setting up meetings and making presentations to prospective clients
- leading and/or preparing technical proposals and cost estimates
- serving as a seller-doer to increase our market share with current and new clients
- Participating in and leading project teams in the planning, design and construction administration of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure facilities
- Coordinating work activities by various technical staff and consultants including developing and implementing study and design standards for consultants to follow, leading progress meetings, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, tracking project schedules, and budgets.
- Coordinating work activities and communicating with various municipalities and governmental regulating agencies
- Oversee construction contract management and observation services
- Preparation of reports and permit applications regarding water wastewater
- Supervise and mentor entry-level engineers
- Demonstrate professional technical writing and verbal skills
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering (MS is preferred)
- 12 - 20 years of experience required in W/WW discipline, particularly as a water/wastewater engineer designing (study, plans and specifications) municipal water and/or wastewater treatment and collection/distribution projects
- Florida Professional Engineer License is required
- Progressive experience in the evaluation, design, permitting and construction administration of water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping stations, water storage and distribution facilities, and wastewater collection systems
- Demonstrated project management experience including budget and schedule monitoring and control responsibilities
- Experienced in client relations and business development
- Leader and team player possessing strong planning and organizational skills
- Local client experience is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies