Mechanic, Process Maintenance - Long Canyon at Newmont USA Limited
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elko, Nevada
Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado.
Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Newmont is seeking an experienced Process Maintenance Mechanic to join our team who will be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance. Put your maintenance skills to the test with your enthusiasm and dedication to safety to contribute to a fast-paced motivated team that is dedicated to achieving production goals.
- Troubleshoot, repair and rebuild processing equipment, including, but not limited to crushers, conveyor systems, hydraulic systems, pumps, and motors within the processing facilities.
- Replace and align belts, motors, pulleys, and conveyor rollers.
- Various types of welding and/or any other types of maintenance associated with processing facilities.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
To be considered for this position, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Three (3) or more years’ of process facilities maintenance experience.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, write, and possess basic math skills.
- Proven excellent safety and attendance record.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
For more information on Newmont:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/2015/
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.