Residential Lending Compliance Specialist I, Milwaukee or Green Bay at Associated Bank
Posted in Real Estate 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.
Under general direction from the Residential Lending Compliance Manager, review and monitor strategies to adhere with various Federal/State and GSE regulations related to the compliance functions of Residential Lending. Focus of this position may vary; Default Services or HMDA compliance areas. Develop and implement policies and procedures required to maintain an acceptable level of regulatory compliance based on criteria set forth by Corporate Compliance or the Legal Department. Monitor, test and report on the effectiveness of these programs. Provides regulatory change support (internal and external reporting communications via review metrics on the regulatory compliance performance of mortgage, consumer and small business) to the residential lending business line through various standard periodic and ad hoc reviews.
As a valued colleague of Associated Bank you play a critical role in delivering an exceptional customer experience during every interaction. Expectations for this position require the ongoing focus on building solid and long lasting relationships by engaging all customers in a positive manner. Colleagues should provide customers a positive experience that includes undivided attention, straightforward and knowledgeable service and insure that the customer’s best interests are our number one priority. Consistency around customer experience guidelines is key and expected from all of our colleagues. Our goal is to simplify the customer experience and deliver outstanding service to every customer, every time.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Regulation and Compliance
Ability to retain information
Attention to detail
• Completes and/or participates in compliance reviews for Residential Lending and prepares reports related thereto.
• Assist in developing and maintaining a regulatory mortgage, compliance review program, including system testing and validation.
• Effectively monitor and ensure the accuracy of the processes and procedures from the Residential Lending Division. Act as a liaison with the necessary departments to review and when applicable correct all edits/exceptions noted.
• Work with internal departments or regulatory agencies related to reviews or testing and assist management in preparing formal responses to noted items and in establishing corrective actions.
• Effectively implement department policies and procedures to noted exceptions, issues or findings from Corporate Compliance reviews or external regulatory examinations.
• Maintain general familiarity with compliance laws and regulatory requirements to ensure department initiatives and product offerings are in compliance with applicable requirements. Work with Corporate Compliance to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Assist department management to establish effective minimum requirements to meet all State and Federal Banking laws and regulations.
• Assist in development, presentation and implementation of department training related to compliance initiatives which result in new/modified policies, procedures or processes.
• Assist in the development of a department risk management program related to compliance.
• Assist in developing, updating and coordinating all management reporting aspects within the department.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Accounting, Finance, or Business
Required Experience: 2-4 years Compliance, mortgage lending, loan review, underwriting, processing or general banking experience
Preferred Experience: 4-7 years Compliance, mortgage lending loan review with an emphasis related to regulatory or compliance issues desirable. Default services or HMDA compliance related experience, depending on area of focus.
Special Skill Requirements:
Other: Problem Solving
Other: Ability to interact with a variety of levels within the organization. Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines