Support Services Technician (Medical Surgical) at The Nemours Foundation
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Nemours is seeking a Support Services Technician (Medical Surgical) FULL-TIME, to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children’s Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area’s only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children’s Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region
The Utility Aide is responsible for the efficient and smooth functioning of all supply management and equipment maintenance on the assigned unit(s). This position is responsible for promoting a family centered care approach while providing technical and supportive patient care functions specific to the unit(s) assigned.
- Promotes a family-centered care model by partnering with patients and their families to better meet their needs
a. Assists families and visitors to locate patient rooms and amenities
b. Assures that patients and families have supplies and nourishment that
meet their needs
c. Checks patient’s room before admission to assure equipment is available
and working, patient server is stocked and room is clean and ready
- Maintains unit supplies assuring adequate par levels
a. Works with management and nursing staff to assure unit par supplies are
appropriate and adjusts as needed
b. Works with Materials Management to coordinate inventory, ordering and
delivery of supplies including special requested items.
c. Restocks bedside supplies and supply cabinets for each new admission
and replenishes at least 3 times weekly.
- Maintains and restocks nourishment areas on the unit.
- Procures and monitors use of special equipment such as specialty beds and other rental equipment.
- Safely and efficiently transports patients, specimens and blood products
- Cleans supplies/equipment as necessary following Joint Commission and OSHA standards
- Conducts environmental safety rounds regularly alerting housekeeping and maintenance when services are required
- Performs general maintenance procedures, troubleshooting, quality control and safety checks on all patient care equipment in conjunction with the Clinical Engineering department.
- Serves as receptionist and performs unit clerical duties on a rotating basis assuring that reception desk is covered at all times.
- High School Diploma required
- Actively supports the Nemours mission, vision and values
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Basic knowledge of aseptic technique principles and procedures
- Applies all principles of universal precautions and use of PPE as needed
- Requires close attention to detail and immediate follow-up of problems
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.