Precision Ag Specialist at Stotz Equip-AZ Machinery LLC
Posted in Consultant 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Twin Falls, Idaho
Stotz Equipment is seeking a full-time Precision AG Service Technician. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, "hands on" individual that has a passion for agriculture technology evolution and experience in the agriculture industry. This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining customer relationships in relation to new and existing agricultural management systems and technology. This individual will also be responsible for making field calls to troubleshoot/repair systems, perform updates on software, train customers and internal employees on new equipment and set up customer clinics on new John Deere systems. This position has new responsibilities every day and requires someone who is organized and able to complete long-term projects while simultaneously solving day to day problems. Work must be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. The position will require working in the office, service shop and field.
- Some college level courses in Agronomy, Telematics, GPS, Remote Sensing or other related courses.
- Able to work a varying work schedule/shift and be flexible in order to respond to after-hours calls.
- Intermediate computer skills required
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a Service Technician
- Must enjoy a mix of Sales, Service, and Support to customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Have and maintain a clean driving record
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must own your own tools
- 3+ years of technical experience in operating and supporting of precision farming products such as GIS, VRT, GPS, Spatial Analysis, and Telematics or working with new and developing technology such as: Computer software, GPS, Data Management, Land-leveling systems, Sensors, NDVI, etc.
- Experience working with large AG equipment, familiarity with John Deere Greenstar systems.
- Experience with irrigation systems, especially Sub-Drip Irrigation (SDI), irrigation scheduling and consulting.
- Experience with fertility scheduling and consulting.
- Understands data collection and analysis.
- Fluent in Spanish is helpful but not required
- Demonstrated agronomic consulting and skills.
- Certified Crop Advisor accreditation.
- Skills in managing risk, managing change, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Understanding of John Deere (or equivalent) vehicles and implements.
What You’ll Get:
- Training through John Deere University.
- A chance to work for the best in the business, and comprehensive employee benefits and incentive program.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and 401K plans.
What It Takes: Stotz Equipment has 5 core values; Quality, Integrity, Loyalty, Caring and Community. By finding people who share these same values and by fostering an environment of open communication we are able to build strong teams that are able to look past obstacles and work together to find the solutions our customers need.
- Clean driving record
- Communication Skills
See job description