Mechanic at Waste Connections, Inc
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
Requisition Primary LocationAlexandria, Louisiana
Waste Connections Inc. has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to work at our site in Alexandria, LA. In this position you will be doing Preventative Maintenance, hydraulics, and electrical work on our fleet of garbage trucks. This position is Monday-Friday 12:00pm start time working 55+ hour work weeks. To be considered you must have your own tools and at least 2 years of experience as a Diesel Mechanic working on heavy trucks.
On top of competitive pay we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation and year round work.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why You Need to Join Us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at 832-510-5681
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required
- of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
- 2+ years of experience as a heavy truck mechanic
- Must have own tools
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)