Platemaker at LSC Communications
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baraboo, Wisconsin
LSC Communications currently has an opening for a Platemaker at the Baraboo location. Employees interested in being considered for this position should apply by visiting the company web site at (www.lsccom.com). Employees that have questions regarding the application process should contact the Human Resources office.
Position Purpose: Work with team members in the Prepress Department to perform the following essential job functions: creating templates, impositions, plate imaging and inspection, and setting up press side proofs.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work to eliminate all unsafe behaviors and conditions within the plant. Fully support and practice Safety Training Observation Program techniques on a daily basis.
2. Maintain excellent housekeeping practices and safety awareness on all shifts.
3. Utilize electronic imposition software to create press templates according to the Product Information Sheet and specific press requirements.
4. Impose page files and review virtual proof for accuracy of template and versioning. Identify discrepancies and follow through with appropriate corrective action.
5. Operate CTP equipment to expose sensitized metal plate from digital files to produce offset printing plates.
6. Review images produced on plate for defects or errors that will manifest during the printing process.
7. Assemble color/content proofs for press side if necessary.
8. Replenish chemical solutions in automatic plate processors and perform routine light maintenance on equipment.
9. Train counterparts when the opportunity arises.
10. Fulfill Prepress Lead duties when Lead is absent.
11. Performs other job related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Graphic Arts, Business, Industrial Management, or related field is required.
2. Bachelors Degree in Graphic Arts, Business, Industrial Management, or related field is preferred.
1. Education may be substituted for 5 years experience in all phases of prepress work in the printing industry.
1. Must be able to work 12 hour shifts in an industrial setting that can reach high temperatures.
2. Must have the ability to safely lift up to 80 lbs. during the work shift.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance.
2. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
3. Able to apply general functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
4. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
5. Demonstrates good working knowledge of graphic design.
6. Must have good knowledge of Macintosh platform (OSX) and industry standard applications: Quark, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.