Sr Project Manager at EBSI
Posted in Science 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Senior Project Manager will manage complex cross-functional project teams working on development of candidate vaccines as well as other projects as needed. This position will collaborate with functional managers, senior management, subcontractors, and government funding agencies to ensure integration of project, company, and functional department goals. The Project Manager will manage progress to ensure key requirements and milestones are identified and met.
• Leading the cross-functional project team, managing the day-to-day operations, and serving as the primary internal point of contact for the project
• Creating and implementing project plans and overseeing their successful execution
• Proactively identifying, assessing and managing project risks
• Clearly communicating project status, issues, and successes to senior management and government clients
• Developing and managing project timelines, budgets, and financial forecasts
• Managing technical, business, and contractual relationships with vendors, consultants, and government clients
• Applying project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects
• Performing other duties as assigned/required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
• Advanced degree in life sciences (MS, PhD, PharmD)
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment
• Minimum of 3 years project management experience
• Demonstrated experience building and leading strong cross-functional teams and subcontract management
• Direct experience in managing biologic and vaccine development projects is desired
• Experience in managing federal contracts is a plus
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiating, influencing, and active listening
• Fluent with regularly used software applications (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Familiarity with Earned Value Management is a plus
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, sense of hearing. Use phone, fax, copier, and computer. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem solve, plan, communicate, prepare written communications.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.