Jr. Applications & Development Analyst at California Pizza Kitchen Inc
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Playa Vista, California
Jr. Applications & Development Analyst
Summary of PositionThe Jr. Applications & Development Analyst will join a growing team responsible for delivering business-critical reporting and value-added data insights that meet the most important business needs. The position is responsible for performing advanced technical and analytical work in the development and support of standardized and/or customized reports. Work includes advanced technical programming activities, including creating SQL queries, views and stored procedures, testing, debugging, and maintaining customized reports
Overall Responsibilities and Duties
- SQL database experience must use most recent SQL release or two versions prior.
- Queries against normalized, de-normalized and dimensional SQL database.
- SQL programming, upgrading, scripting techniques such as stored procedures triggers and scheduled database backups.
- SQL test/stored procedures programming and server configurations.
- Use of database data models to design and construct queries.
- Create/manage Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections using SSRS
- Identify report data requirements, specifications, template and design.
- Manage the development and maintenance of data cubes.
- Building reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Using SQL skills including creation of user defined functions, complex stored procedures, Query optimization and SQL scripts.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing all functions and services.
- Creating parameterized queries for application database calls.
- Use Visual Studio development, Visual Basic, .NET, ASP.NET.
- Implement and enhance ETL programs
- Providing input to DBA(s) on data element formats and data granularity necessary to meet end-user requirements.
- Working in conjunction with the business application process to design specific database applications aid workflows.
- Define business rules and data requirements.
- Participates in testing, acceptance testing, and implementation of information systems modules and subsystems.
- Participates in facilitating evaluations, installations, and training users on application software.
- Researches, evaluates, and performs R & D on new leading technologies.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by corporate management.
- Special projects or duties as assigned or required.
QualificationsEducation, Training, and Work Experience
- Bachelors in Computer related fields (Preferred)
- Computer Science: 3 years (Preferred)
- Programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- Computer Programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- Data Warehouse experience a plus
- MicroStrategy experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills.
- Ability to provide technical and organizational leadership in a team environment.
- Some travel may be required. After hours and weekend support will be required.
- Key Technologies in Use:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- WEB API’s