Associate Product Specialist at North American Corporation of Illinois
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Glenview, Illinois
North American is a recognized leader in distribution, supply chain synchronization, and integrated business solutions. Founded in 1919, North American has built an innovative and highly specialized business practice helping companies improve supply systems that have grown inefficient, non-customer-centric and costly.
Commercial Products Group — Complete facility supply management, sanitary maintenance programs and foodservice disposables.
Packaging Systems Group — Full-service packaging solutions from equipment and supplies to technical service and support.
NVISION Marketing Supply Chain Group — Streamlines the supply chain of marketing organizations to create a single point of control for how marketing materials are managed, produced and distributed.
We are currently seeking a Associate Product Specialist with strong project management, consultative and analytical skills. Reporting to the Category Project Manager, this position will focus on maintaining profitable product lines through coordination of all product and supplier activities within a defined product category. This role acts as a liaison between account executives/sales management, the procurement team and additionally act on behalf of Category Management with all related suppliers and internal support departments.
- Responsible for all activities related to managing and negotiating contracts, pricing quotations, and bid process.
- With direction from the Category Project Manager, manage product line hierarchy by maintaining competitive product database include product profiles and comparisons.
- Interface and coordinate with all suppliers in communications, handling issues and planning.
- Provide marketing and sales support by managing marketing literatures with suppliers. Maintain on-line catalog database to support electronic sales materials. Assist with product launches and product penetration program.
- Provide necessary sales support and product training for Sales Team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years experience in strategic sourcing, supplier negotiations and management.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of organization.
- Must possess strong work ethic, strong initiative, exceptional organization skills and good attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or other related major.
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
North American (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.
See Job Description