Red Classic - Diesel Maintenance Technician (B Tech) 1st Shift Tue-Sat **$4,000 Sign On Bonus** at Coca-Cola Bottling Company
Posted in Transportation 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marion, South Carolina
Red Classic - Diesel Maintenance Technician (B Tech)
The Diesel Maintenance Technician (B Tech) is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. The Diesel Maintenance Technician (B Tech) will perform job duties independently, with little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box. Diesel Maintenance Technician (B Tech) will also be responsible for mentoring Diesel Maintenance Technician (C Tech), as needed.
Basic knowledge and understanding of medium to heavy duty diesel truck engines. Must possess basic computer entry (PC) skills, & possess high level diagnostics/troubleshooting skills.
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
- Diesel school diploma (+) 2-3 years previous experience in medium heavy duty vehicles or
- 3+ year’s verifiable experience in heavy duty truck maintenance
- Must be able to obtain a Class A, CDL within 90 days.
- Knowledge of operation, diagnosis, and repair of class 8 diesel powered trucks, including engines, emissions, transmissions, differentials, fuel systems, cooling systems, air brake systems, steering systems, and suspension systems
- Basic skills in welding & cutting torch operation
- Electrical/mechanical diagnostics & repair experience
- Understanding of tire inflation systems, mounting & dismounting tires
- Maintain accurate parts inventory
- Must be able to maintain safe, clean environment according to Company and OSHA regulations
- Ability to schedule and prioritize daily tasks
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Must adhere to company uniform and appearance standards
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Brake and D.O.T certification, preferred
- AC Certification, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one at-fault accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
Red Classic Transportation Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
See Job Description