Construction Technicians/ICC Inspectors/ACI Technicians at Intertek
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plano, Texas
PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Construction Materials Testing Laboratory & Field Technicians, CWI Steel Inspectors and PTI Certified Unbonded Post Tension Inspectors to join our Business and Construction team in Plano, TX.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Special Inspectors and Technicians will support the Building and Construction business performing Construction Materials Testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations. The positions will include the testing of soils, concrete and asphalt materials in general accordance with applicable procedures and standards.
- Activities will include performing field testing and inspections on soil, concrete, masonry and asphalt.
- Review plans and specifications, performing the inspections accordingly
- Inspect placement of reinforcing steel and post-tensioned cables
- Communicate results with contractors, engineers and others
- Input results and observations into daily reports
- Technician Certifications such as ACI, PTI, TXAPA, CWI are preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, basic computer knowledge, punctuality are required in a fast-paced, productive environment
- Will be placed in a progressing role of training and responsibility in work assignments
- Valid Driver's License and Clean Driving record
- Must be neat in appearance and punctual
- Moderate lifting required as part of day to day job functions
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.