Summer Scholars Intern- Legal at R1 RCM
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
R1 RCM, Inc. (R1) is seeking a self-motivated and dedicated Summer Scholar Intern to join our corporate Legal team for the summer. We are a leading provider of end-to-end Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Physician Advisory Services (PAS) for hospitals and health systems based in the United States that partners with healthcare entities to achieve results through operational excellence, efficiency, and standardization in a dynamic regulatory environment. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Summer Scholar Intern will serve in a flexible capacity for the General Counsel, assisting in key areas.
The candidate will report to and work closely with Associate General Counsel, Corporate, and her team. In this role, the successful candidate will support the department as outlined above and aid in the development and maintenance of a robust and proactive Corporate Legal department
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Assisting in in commercial projects to suggest creative solutions and risk-mitigation opportunities using both a business and a legal skillset.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates contracts and ancillary agreements, including professional services agreements
- Works with the other members of the legal department and cross-functional teams in the US and India.
- Performs additional services and projects as assigned.
- Experience in a healthcare-related setting (preferred)
- Demonstrated strong leadership, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Proven success at building relationships and credibility quickly with key stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree, with relevant work experience in healthcare (preferred)
- Current law school student
- Able to establish credibility with leadership and peers
- Passionate about helping others
- Willingness to learn
- Energetic and engaging
- Hands-on contributor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player; does what it takes to get the job done
- Self-motivated and self-initiated
- Excellent judgment and logic / analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Consistency of approach and ability to follow-through
- Process oriented
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers. In doing so, we offer:
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes, and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community