*Operations Manager at Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Conway, Arkansas
Operations Manager - Conway, AR
Manufacturing Jobs/Conway, AR Jobs at Kimberly-Clark
Provide operations team leadership and management to a small department or team to attain World Class Manufacturing Objectives.
CUSTOMERS AND CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS:
Customers: Mill/plant management, end users and other functional team members.
- Economically produced quality products and services.
- Assets (materials, inventories, equipment and personnel) properly managed, maintained and developed.
- Positive work environment maintained to promote World-Class Manufacturing objectives.
The incumbent typically reports to the mill/plant manager or one of his/her deputies. Incumbent has generally defined operations or maintenance responsibility for typically one moderate capacity and technically complex manufacturing and/or converting process used for producing a limited range of base materials and/or finished consumer goods. Typically, several raw materials are consumed in the process with each having several critical process variables to be monitored and controlled. Rate of technological and business changes is limited in these product lines but can add significantly to the nature and variety of the challenges faced. The position provides leadership for a team which typically includes members from one or two functional areas.
This position requires knowledge and ability typically associated with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industrial experience and considerable knowledge and experience in operations/maintenance at the functional level. The incumbent will have demonstrated the capability of facilitating projects/programs in a team environment while providing team leadership. Making presentations within the team, planning work activities to meet deadlines and coaching to enhance individual performance are typical experiences. The incumbent may have experience in more than one functional area. The incumbent will have managed projects in an operations area or other functional area, will have participated in the development of department objectives and goals and action plans to achieve them, and will have worked in an environment where success was achieved equally through leading others and possessing technical knowledge.
- Varies widely depending on project scope and operating area
- Support implementation of the loss control improvement by compliance with critical safety rules. Visibly demonstrate that safety is a value by following safety procedures, maintaining a safe workplace and complying with safety rules. Develop equipment, processes and products that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Actively participate in achieving organization and personal safety objectives. Follow the Safety Roles & Responsibilities Matrix by holding yourself and all team members accountable to its tenets. Maintain employee safety attitudes and establish working conditions that fully comply with government safety and health regulations and ensure achievement of safety and loss prevention objectives.
- Observe all applicable quality procedures and regulations. Perform tasks utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices. Demonstrate an understanding of the Quality Policy and how it affects my job.
- Audit production and quality of operating departments on shift to ensure production of acceptable product.
- Develop and implement programs to support mill and department objectives, and coordinate department activities to ensure efficient mill operations.
- Communicate managing philosophies, mill policies, personnel guidelines, and objectives to employees to ensure their participation in the achievement of mill objectives.
- Facilitate scheduling of production employees, equipment operation, and material flow to ensure attainment of customer service.
- Maintain employee safety attitudes and establish working conditions that fully comply with government safety and health regulations and ensure achievement of safety objectives.
- Maintain high employee morale through positive motivation and leadership and strict adherence to mill guidelines to make union representation unnecessary.
- Train and develop employees to ensure continued plant growth, effective operation and to minimize need for direct supervision.
- Ensure that established internal control policies, instructions, or procedures are followed as they apply to this position.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates, and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, complete, candid, and clear.
- Provide leadership to ensure your organization attracts, develops and retains the best people and fosters an environment which motivates a diverse team to fully use its capabilities in achieving desired business results.
- Observes all applicable quality procedures and regulations. Performs tasks utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices. Demonstrates an understanding of the Quality Policy and how it affects my job.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
Time TypeFull time