Administrative Assistant I at DRS Technologies
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Position: Administrative Assistant I
DRS Daylight Solutions is a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS. Our mission at DRS Daylight Solutions is to be the leading provider of best-in-class, mid-infrared sources and systems for defense, commercial, and research markets. Our global leadership position in advanced, mid-IR technology means that DRS
Daylight Solutions customers benefit from a sustainable, competitive advantage in molecular detection and imaging applications.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
In 2005, three high-tech entrepreneurs founded DRS Daylight Solutions in San Diego, California, with the goal of developing breakthrough technologies and products around the company’s core technology: mid-IR quantum cascade lasers (QCLs). Since then, the company has introduced three groundbreaking products.
Are you an innovator that wants to be part of the solution?
We’re looking for pioneers who bring great ideas from concept to reality.
DRS Daylight Solutions culture is family oriented, innovative, and collaborative. We enjoy working hard and have fun doing it. Our purpose is to save lives with light.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the executive team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to management and/or department
- Works under normal supervision
- Develops resolutions to an assortment of problems varying from limited to moderate complexity
- Provide calendar management and meeting coordination
- Coordinates travel arrangements, expense report processing and reimbursement
- Plans and implements conferences and special events; assists in making any necessary room rental, reservation or catering arrangements
- Prepares routine reports as assigned, with guidance for format layout
- Ensures that reports are received by all required individuals
- Creates graphs and charts for various projects using spreadsheet and graphics software
- Screens, and directs telephone calls from employees and external customers
- Answers questions and/or refers inquiry to appropriate person Follows up as necessary
- Establishes and maintains filing systems for various confidential files and records
- Prepare meeting agenda and distributes information as appropriate
- Arranges Video Teleconferencing meetings
- Distributes incoming faxes to appropriate persons
- Contributes to the fulfillment of projects and organizational objectives
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some college preferred
- 2 years’ experience in progressively responsible and varied office duties
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgment
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, advanced preferred
- Team player, ability to work independently while meeting deadlines, handles a high volume of work
Lifting: yes 10 lbs 0-25%
Walking: yes 0-50%
Climbing: yes 0-10%
Bending: yes 0-10%
Sitting: yes 0-50%
Standing: yes 0-50%
Stooping: yes 0-10%
Kneeling: yes 0-10%
Travel: no local 0%
Light Manufacturing: no
Heavy Manufacturing: no
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #DLS