Corporate Accountant at 24 Hour Fitness
Posted in General Business 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Carlsbad, California
The Senior Accountant performs month-end close, audit support, accounting research, ad-hoc analyses, process improvement, and other projects. The Senior Accountant has a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to research new pronouncements and apply the appropriate accounting treatment to the Company's new contracts/agreements/initiatives. The Senior Accountant ensures that GAAP are being practiced consistently in all responsible areas to ensure the accuracy of the accounting records and related financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Assume full ownership for areas of responsibility.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, fluctuation analyses, trend analyses, reconciliations and additional schedules.
- Meet with internal departments and outside parties to ensure transactions and reports are recorded and produced timely and accurately.
- Support Manager Accounting on special projects for a broad range of transactions and initiatives.
- Work with team to streamline existing processes and to eliminate redundant or non-value added work to continue to keep pace with company growth while minimizing the expansion of existing resources by determining ways to continually improve existing processes either through automation or re-design of existing business practices.
External Audits, Interim and Year End
Prepare and review external auditor interim and annual audit schedules.
Work with auditors to resolve issues and to make appropriate corrections to business processes going forward.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to appropriately communicate with all levels in the organization.
Exercise good judgment in elevating issues to management timely.
Ability to read and interpret Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Ability to prepare written memorandums summarizing accounting research.
Experience in making process changes to incorporate new business ventures.
Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Ability to interact with internal and external auditors.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
5+ years of professional experience in accounting.
Large company background experience.
Professional level accounting experience should include but is not limited to, general accounting financial statement preparation and research of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
- Must work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Travel is not a requirement for this role.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Finance and Accounting