Business Development Consultant at GWC Warranty
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Job Title: Business Development Consultant (BDC)
Reports to: Sales AVP
FLSA Status: Exempt, full-time
Salary: Base salary plus quarterly incentive
Location: Remote in OH (relocation assistance is not provided)
Are you an engaged and friendly Sales Professional committed to self-development and professional success? Are you a Closer – hungry to grow your career with high income potential? Welcome to GWC Warranty! We are the industry leader for vehicle service contracts with award-winning products and services. We are Fair, Friendly, Focused, Engaged, and Accountable. We are seeking highly-motivated individuals to fill our Business Development Consultant position. This opportunity is for candidates who wish to earn at a level that comes with hard work, dedication and solid selling skills.
What Can You Expect?
As a Business Development Consultant with GWC Warranty, you will establish, maintain and continually develop new business through prospecting and networking with a client list of Independent & Franchise Automobile Dealers who are authorized and empowered to sell service contracts, warranties and other ancillary products. You will also have the opportunity to enhance and supplement your prospect portfolio by self-generating leads and consistently seeking new opportunities to grow your book of business.
We provide a competitive base salary as well as a commission incentive plan. You will also have the confidence when speaking with prospects knowing that you are selling great, award-winning, high-end products that you can be proud of! We offer our customers an industry-leading guarantee, and our products are the “best-in-class.”
We have a “work hard, play hard” work environment, a supportive leadership team and friendly co-workers. We offer industry competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401k with company match, Employee Assistance Plan, paid holidays, personal time off and more.
New Business Development/Account Management: Demonstrated ability to effectively establish, grow and retain strong, long-term relationships with customers/key decision makers by providing Best-In-Class Customer Service and leveraging all facets of the GWC value proposition.
Consultative Selling: Demonstrated ability to understand customer needs and challenges, and provide a solution using the GWC value proposition and suite of products. Create awareness and communicate key initiatives and product value to ensure commitment.
Sales Process: Adherence and execution of GWC’s defined sales process (D.E.A.L.E.R.S.).
Reporting: Daily, weekly, monthly reporting completed as defined.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent – college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years B2B outside sales experience, preferably industry related
- Previous experience in prospecting (hunting) for new business
- Previous experience in Consultative and Needs-Based Selling (Value added selling)
- Exceptional listening skills; our customers need solution based recommendations to their issues and concerns
- Must possess a hunger for professional excellence! Only self-driven, high performing sales professionals will do!
- Self-starter, results driven, accountable, professional and collaborative
- Excellent communication, negotiation and follow-up skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time; you’ll be traveling a minimum of 75 miles per day to meet customers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record at all times. Since you will be traveling in your own vehicle, a valid registration and adequate auto insurance is also required at all times.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a comprehensive background check
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
GWC Warranty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.