Restaurant Manager at Hospitality Human Capital
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
As chef-owner and founder Ford Fry’s passion is to find great people and develop them. His current restaurants include JCT Kitchen, no. 246, The Optimist, King + Duke, St. Cecilia, The El Felix, Superica, and Marcel, State of Grace, and Beetlecat in Inman Park.
Fry’s culinary inspirations cover many years and much of the country: from eating out with his family as a child in Texas, to studying at the New England Culinary Institute in Vermont, to spending time as a ?ne-dining chef in Florida, Colorado and California—and eventually as a corporate chef in Atlanta. Though the corporate job didn’t suit him, he fell in love with the city. In 2007, Ford put down roots in Atlanta with Jct. Kitchen, a restaurant that’s as warm and friendly as its owner.
We are a growing, Chef driven restaurant group, with boutique and neighborhood restaurants that value farm to table ingredients. As we move towards the next phase of our growth, we are looking for managers with various levels of experience.
These ideals are the pillars of our company, and we look to them as our driving force in our decisions to hire and develop wonderful people. Now is a rare opportunity to join our team at a management level. This is a perfect springboard for someone who wants to take their career to the next level and would like to learn aspects of the restaurant industry from one of the countries leading teams. The pay is competitive based on level of experience.
Ford shares a love for restaurants with his staff and partners. Stop by one of the restaurants, and you’ll likely ?nd him in the kitchen or out front, working alongside his team and making his guests feel at home.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
The Restaurant Manager is expected to manage and lead all aspects of Front-of-House restaurant operations on a shift basis.
- Understand and consistently apply Ford Fry Restaurants style, practices, culture, terminology, organizational structure, and general philosophy.
- Consistently follow and enforce all Employee Handbook policies and practices and applicable laws.
- Maintain integrity, openness, and accessibility to employees and guests.
- Control reservations and seating of outlet with regards to maximizing revenue and maintaining service standards.
- Monitor entirety of restaurant operation in order to anticipate guests’ needs and proactively and effectively utilize resources to ensure guests’ satisfaction.
- Recognize and address potentially intoxicated, disruptive, or undesirable guests.
- When problems arise, address quickly, appropriately, and proactively when possible.
- Actively participate in the the hiring, training, supervision and discipline of all restaurant staff.
- Recomend wage adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- Foster an educational environment that ensures all staff are developed for future advancement.
- Ensure the Ford Fry Restaurants’ Service Agreement, Employee Handbook, and Service and Training Manual are utilized to train, develop, and monitor the performance and demeanor of staff in real time.
- Ensure service and performance of the team are actively audited during shift and discussed/reviewed at the concurrent Pre-Shift Meetings.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the Ford Fry Restaurants’ Performance Chronicling system and apply it in an objective and fair manner.
- Actively participate in the menu change process to ensure staff receive thorough training and education, new items are properly programed into the POS and the menus are edited and printed in a timely and accuratemanner.
- Maintain the daily log for communication between restaurant staff and management.
- Lead daily pre-shift meetings to keep all staff abreast of all necessary information and foster a positive and developmental work environment.
- Complete the tasks and duties necessary to open, prepare and close the restaurant responsibly on a shift basis.
- Remain constantly aware of the mood and feel of the restaurant - to adjust lighting and music to best complement the occasion, time of day and volume of guests.
- Ensure the staff constantly work to maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Identify unsafe working conditions, operational needs, and equipment or other aspects of the restaurant in need of repair.
- Ensure Health Code compliance through daily monitoring and correction.
- Properly report and handle guest and employee accidents.
- Respond properly to restaurant emergencies or safety situations.
- Aggressively monitor labor, scheduling, and overtime to ensure maximum productivity and profit.
- Review and adjust the time edits at shift close on a daily basis.
- Actively participate in the accurate ordering, receiving, invoice processing and period-end inventory of product and supplies necessary to smooth operations.
- Maintain a daily housekeeping schedule to include storage and operational areas and staff appearance.
- Observe daily conditions of all physical facility and equipment in all restaurant areas;make recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Ensure private events or functions are executed flawlessly and according to the BEO.
- Ensure ‘Sidework Sheets’ are updated and adhered to by the staff in order to best prepare the restaurant for service and for closeout at the end of shift.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure flawless execution of off-premise catering/special events in a manner that best reflects the quality standards of the restaurant.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Assistant General Manager.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Minimum 2-years’ experience as trainer, supervisor or headwaiter in a full service restaurant.
- Thorough knowledge of high quality restaurant service.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate the Ford Fry Restaurants’ expectations of Presentation, Body Language & Verbiage.
- Legal ability to work in the US.
- High school graduate.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Proficiency in complex mathematical computations and reasoning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Has achieved and maintained a minimum of +9 points in the Ford Fry Restaurants Performance Chronicling system.
- Knowledge of F&B financial and cost controls.
- Knowledge of payroll, inventory and purchasing procedures.
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
- College degree, preferably in restaurant management.
- Experience with on and off-premise special-event planning and<span style