Product Development Sourcing Lead at GTT LLC
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
Title: Product Development Sourcing Lead
Location: Woburn, MA 01801
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $110,000 to $127,000 a year
- The qualified Product Development Sourcing Lead will have strong background in technical procurement and sourcing of mechanical, electro-mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Handle all the activities related to Global Commodity Management of sourced suppliers and Contract Manufacturers
- Lead Global Sourcing initiatives including localization, Best Cost Country (BCC), productivity, rationalization of supply base, cycle reduction, on time delivery and quality improvements.
- With the Director of Supply Chain, develop a global and comprehensive commodity strategy and supply base that ensure a competitive environment for both volume production and prototype supply
- Develop negotiations strategies and drive negotiations to achieve specific terms and conditions in accordance with the strategy, by driving the supplier identification, selection, development, and overall supplier management
- Manage RFQs and prepare sourcing recommendations and negotiate long term supply agreements
- Lead or support key supplier negotiations & contractual arrangement
- Support new product development efforts to ensure timely supplier & cost information
- Use knowledge of forecast, projected needs, supplier capacity, inventory goals and lead times in order to buy material in a timely manner at the lowest total cost for the business
- Manage contract manufacturer commercial process and performance
- Monitor supplier performance related to assigned suppliers and manage improvements if required
- Track and communicate lead times, technical requirements, milestones, and timelines with both engineering departments and suppliers
- Ensure Project management for components / suppliers within the purchasing group
- Establish and maintain detailed costed BOMs for all products
- Assist with JIT, Kan Ban, or other logistics systems set up, as needed
- A Procurement or Engineering degree is preferred
- The qualified Product Development Sourcing Lead is required to have at least 7 years of relevant procurement and sourcing experience.
- Strong supplier management and negotiating skills, from RFQ to closing contracts
- Proficient in analyzing data and convert it into activities that lead to improved terms
- The qualified Product Development Sourcing Lead will have both technical and operational expertise
- Strong assembly background to support complex technical sourcing projects
- Strong candidates will have spent time in a fast-paced environment, managing a variety of different outsourced components, processes and associated tooling, and have a solid track record on closing larger contracts and achieving strong year over year cost reductions
- Experience in the automotive industry and/or with hydraulic assemblies is a strong plus.
- The Product Development Sourcing Lead will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, unlimited vacation and sick time and more!
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work is expected.
- Travel up to 20%, and is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and possible out-of-country travel may be expected.