Tax Manager at Intone Networks
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- The Tax Manager is responsible contributing to the achievements of his/her group objectives including:
- Managing or supervising in all aspects of existing and new client tax relationships as assigned by the Partners.
- Training and supervising tax staff.
- Assisting with office administration including client invoicing and collection, staff coaching, mentoring and training, quality control, strategic planning, scheduling, etc.
- Collaborating with team members to develop innovative accounting practices that adhere to required standards but serve their clients interests.
Position Reports To : The Partners.
The Primary Responsibilities Of The Manager Are
- Technical and Client Service Skills
- Review and manage staff deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-up work for all entity types (C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Fiduciary, Non-profit, gift, and multi-state returns).
- Review compiled financial statements for Corporations, Not-for-Profit entities, Partnerships, and individuals including workpapers, accounting and adjusting entries, bank reconciliations, and client books and records.
- Manage and monitor client deliverables and due dates.
- Prepare complex U.S. and multi-state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and non-consolidated corporations, Partnerships, Fiduciary, and Non-Profit Organizations.
- Prepare complex US and state individual income, gift and estate tax returns.
- Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquiries and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquiries, and tax notices.
- Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
- Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
- Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients’ needs.
- Lead department in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
- Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
- Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by the Partners and clients.
- Adheres to the office administration and billing policies of client's. including entering time into the timekeeping system within the timing specified
- Problem identification and solving.
- Participating in staff training.
- Participating in the firm’s strategic planning process.
- Advocates “best practices” suited to this practice niche
Skills And Education Required
- Active CPA license and Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Experience commensurate with those required to be a tax manager or senior.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good research skills.
- Positive, can-do demeanor with willingness to “dig in” and get the work done
- Excellent understanding, comprehension and ability to articulate tax and accounting concepts.
- Strong leadership, project management, and team building skills.