Material Planner at MillenniumSoft Inc.
Posted in Education 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Position : Material Planner
Location : San Jose, CA
Duration : 12+ months contract
Start Time : 8:00 AM
End Time : 5:00 PM
Total Hours/week : 40.00(Mon-Fri)
- 1 – 3 years of experience as Buyer/Planner/Scheduler or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Experience in production and inventory control
- Knowledge of MRP II System concept
- Able to apply basic production planning and inventory control principles, theories and concepts
- Knowledge of commonly used procurement concepts, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of GMP, QA/QC procedures and vendor management/qualification as they relate to the life science industry
- Logical thinking to analyze reports, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with the ability to flex work styles in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment
- Computer Literate: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field is preferred
- APICS certification is preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience as Buyer/Planner/Scheduler or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Experience with cloud-based ERP platforms and/or SAP ERP systems and modules, specifically SCM and ECC
- Familiarity with strategic sourcing methodology and contracting experience
- General knowledge of chemicals, reagents, and other MRO materials common to the life sciences industry
- General scientific and technical understanding of genomics and the associated testing platforms for human, animal and plant health
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best purchase price, delivery time, services, level of quality and safety conditions according to the specifications defined by the requestors.
- Create purchase orders from approved requisitions for raw materials, facility and MRO items into purchase orders.
- Deliver and confirm these purchase orders with suppliers.
- Creates, reschedules, expedites and cancels purchase orders in the system as needed to maintain accurate performance reports
- Provide supplier performance feedback as necessary and respond to routine supplier performance surveys
- Coordinates material returns and refund activities
- Resolve any accounts payable, GR/IR, raw material quality issue, receiving discrepancies and shipping problems that may arise in their area of responsibility
- Analyze open purchase order reports and resolve deviations from promised delivery dates.
- Responsible for the conversion of a master production schedule into a detailed production plan, after analysis of lot size rules, sales trends, demand forecast, material availability and manufacturing capacity
- Production planning and detailed schedule coordination with the manufacturing department and third party suppliers producing products on behalf of the Company
- Provide data for key performance metrics (root causes of back orders and excess/expired inventory, schedule compliance, projected inventory at risk/stock loss, etc.) as determined by management
- Accountable for maintaining the integrity of MRP planning parameters (costing lot size, lead times, days of supply, etc.)
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of purchasing and planning master data for assigned materials and products (ex. Kenandy, SAP, Aravo, etc.)
- Responsible for site-level Master Data Coordination (MDO/MDC) and provides support and leadership to product activation process
- Establish and update purchasing procedures in accordance with Corporate policies.
- Follow all GMP, regulatory, and ISO guidelines including Company policies and departmental procedures
- Demonstrates understanding of key local and global regulations affecting the business and assures compliance with those regulations.
- Assures that business processes and systems fulfill those regulatory requirements.
- May participate in an evaluation of regulatory strategy and regulatory risk.
- May recommend changes to practices and procedures to support compliance requirement.
- Communicates need for regulatory compliance to members in our functional area.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required