Educator Community Manager at Course Hero
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redwood City, California
The Educator Community Manager is a former educator with a business mindset who can help us build and engage a community of post-secondary educators who support Course Hero’s mission and platform.
As the company’s liaison to the academic community, you will source and secure partnerships with university and college educators that will secure their involvement across initiatives that drive brand awareness, product innovation, content development, and community engagement. You will manage educator involvement across all activities and maintain strong, positive relationships with educator partners.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You will represent and communicate Course Hero’s mission and initiatives to post-secondary educators across the country.
- You will develop a pipeline of educator partners by identifying educators on the Course Hero platform and via personal and extended networks; contacting potential leads over email and phone to establish rapport; pitching collaboration opportunities; and executing partnership agreements to build strong, long-lasting relationships.
- You will manage educator involvement across all partnership activities, which can include participation in editorial features, in-office visits and lectures, product research sessions, and educational content co-creation opportunities, and you will ideate new ways to connect with our community.
- You will provide weekly reports on key performance and operational indicators regarding outreach and partnership progress.
- You will follow up in a timely and professional manner with educators who have feedback or need assistance with Course Hero products or services.
Are you our Star Educator Community Manager?
- You have earned an undergraduate degree and have worked as an educator (ideally at the collegiate level) for 3+ years.
- You have built relationships with a large network of post-secondary educators.
- You have an in-depth understanding of the challenges and opportunities in higher education and a passion for hybrid and collaborative pedagogical approaches.
- You have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and negotiation skills.
- You have a proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to achieve tangible results.
- You have comfort with G Suite or MS Office applications (extensive knowledge in Google Sheets or MS Excel a plus), Asana for team planning and reporting, and Slack for team communication.
- You have prior experience in business development, marketing, PR, sales, or customer support.
- You have experience growing online communities.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options.
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support life-long learning
- Regularly planned team events and outings
- Free weekly lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact: Education technology is revolutionizing the way we learn