Aircraft Systems Engineer at North American Surveillance Systems, INC
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Titusville, Florida
The Systems Engineer develops and defines the system-level design concepts that meet the mission needs of our Customers. Systems Engineers work with all engineering disciplines needed to develop system requirements and architectures and establish systems capabilities and operational concepts. Systems engineering activities include system architecture design, trade studies, specification development, requirement definition and allocation, performance analysis and simulation; system modeling and simulation tool development, and support to hardware design, manufacturing, integration and test.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Support all levels of requirements development and verification.
- Specifications, use cases, activity diagrams, functional flow, timing, and interface integration development
- Decomposition of high-level requirements and their allocation to subsystems, hardware and software configuration items
- Requirements management and configuration control using modern database tools to manage configuration and traceability, and interface with modeling tools to verify system configuration and operation.
- Oversee personal and team administrative activities necessary for the effective management of organization goals and objectives, configuration and document controls, project scheduling, standards metrics within the department, and product quality.
- International travel to customer locations may be required.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Candidates should have academic and/or work experience in multiple engineering disciplines; mechanical, electrical, RF, control systems, data systems. Working knowledge of design and requirements development tools is helpful. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) mission system integration and testing.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications, FAA FAR’s, and military standards/specifications (MIL-STD’s).
- Working knowledge of CAD programs (Solidworks, Pro-Engineer, Creo, AutoCAD etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and technical presentation skills.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related scientific field from ABET accredited university.
- Six (6) or more years in related aerospace engineering experience.
- Knowledgeable on both FAA and DOD standards and procedures preferred.
Broad technical and analytical engineering experience as applied to design, analysis, product qualification, acceptance test procedures, manufacturing process reporting, and technical writing.
- In-depth understanding of engineering document control /review processes, configuration and data management/product lifecycle management processes (CDM / PLM) processes, and QMS.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Most work is done in a normal office environment.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds and comply with OSHA standards.