Senior Software Engineer at Granular
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Senior Software Engineer
Looking for Fullstack, Frontend, and/or Backend
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Agriculture is not the same as it was twenty years ago, and it won’t be the same twenty years from now. Climate conditions are changing. The world needs more food from the same arable land. Consumer preferences and regulations are evolving. Public expectations are rising and accountability matters more. And farmers need to respond to these changing dynamics - they are at the core of our food system and our planet.
Granular creates Farm Management Software and land valuation software, AcreValue, that empowers farms to become more valuable businesses, for today and for the future. We take a user-centric development and design approach to develop products that are simple to use that our farmers love!
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our team full time in Champaign, IL. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a top San Francisco company while enjoying the benefits of living in the Midwest.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Work closely with other developers, product managers, data science and design to develop a high-performance, scalable web application for enterprise use.
- Create new and/or optimize existing application pages to be responsive, amazingly fast, and easy-to-maintain by other engineers.
- Work with raw data for business analytics/data warehousing (of growing size) and present in a user-friendly way for farmers to understand their fields.
- Designing and building an application our farmers can use in the office and in the field.
- Create an application that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data about soils, climate, crop rotations, taxes, interest rates, and corn prices to calculate the estimated value of an individual field.
- Work directly with the product and design team to create a compelling user experience that is easy to use, and fast to implement.
- Build a workflow that is simple for our farmers to use, yet captures the complexity of managing a professional farm.
- Scale the product and team. There is a need, and flexibility for, horizontal and upward mobility.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- No farming/agriculture knowledge required!
- 7+ years of experience developing user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense for high-quality user experience.
- Significant experience with a variety of modern web application technologies.
- Experience building scalable web applications
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration, etc. a plus.
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail.
- Background in analysis and visualization of geospatial data a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- The passion for revolutionizing the agriculture industry with your hard earned engineering skills!
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- At Granular, perks are more than free lunches and happy hour (which we have). We offer a team where you can grow, a professional development path, respect for life outside of work and a stipend for educational conferences.
- Enjoy frequent trips to our headquarters in San Francisco.
- Upward movement. We are growing quickly and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles.
- We value diversity and treat every employee with a high degree of autonomy and respect.
- Have a big impact by joining a small, fast-paced, smart team. We are having fun building a great company and helping one of the most important industries in the world.
- Competitive salary, commission program, and stock options.
- Medical, dental, vision and 401(K) benefits.