Sr. Android Engineer at Carvana
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palo Alto, California
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360 photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
Carvana's satellite office in Palo Alto houses the best mobile development team ever assembled to sell used cars. We are looking for passionate iOS or Android developers to build our next generation of mobile applications.
You are fanatical about delighting users and measuring everything in your applications. You think a world without unit tests and code reviews is not a world worth living in. You're an expert iOS or Android developer that already knows Xamarin... or you are willing to quickly learn it!
We iterate quickly, and you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
You will build advanced cross-platform consumer and enterprise mobile applications. We are building this app from scratch; no legacy code in sight!
- Participate end to end in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, development, testing, and implementation
- Be actively involved in interpreting analytics and customer data to improve the user experience.
- Collaborate with Carvana's Engineering, Creative Marketing and Customer Advocate teams.
- Work onsite in our Palo Alto office, with travel to Carvana headquarters on a quarterly basis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience in iOS or Android development
- Completed Bachelor's degree or higher within relevant field
- Extensive experience with REST web services.
- At least one application published to the iTunes App Store or the Google Play Store
- Experience with third party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of multithreading principles and best practices
- Experience with Core Data or SQLite
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- A sense of humor. Read this again, if necessary
- Continuous integration experience with mobile apps
- Automotive industry experience
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.