Cloud Architect at Relus Cloud
Posted in Architecture 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner, the Relus Cloud practice is a trusted advisor for companies across the country that seek to empower their business through cloud transformation. To meet growing demand, we’re looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect to tackle the business, product, and technical challenges of our diverse portfolio of customers that includes startups and Fortune 500 companies alike.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Migrations & DevOps, the Senior Cloud Architect will join one of the top IT solutions companies in Atlanta (check out our workplace awards from the AJC and Atlanta Business Chronicle) as we help our New York-based customers take advantage of the efficiencies, cost savings, and quick innovation available only in the cloud.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Serve as technical thought leader and SME for public cloud ecosystem of partners, customers and service providers
- Identify, design, and articulate the value and business proposition for cloud engagements
- Lead cloud architecting sessions with business and technology owners
- Architect, design, and implement cloud-based solutions for AWS
- Work in senior level IT and business line strategic cloud advisory engagements
- Lead and take part in cloud readiness assessments, workshops, roadmap, and application modernization discussions
- Conduct cloud-based presentations and workshops
- Act as a change agent for business and technology by leveraging best practices in the cloud to maximize efficiencies, scalability, agility, and availability
- Understand the implications and constraints of discoveries and migrations
- Drive the message around cloud transformation and the role of cloud in tomorrow’s IT
- Travel to client sites across the U.S. as needed
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a closely related field
- Hands-on technical background
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation and skills
- Ability to travel and be mobile; willing to go where the customer demands us
- Strong application and OS background
- Strong understanding of servers, storage, and networking roles
- Team player attitude, insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills
AWS certifications (or other public cloud certifications)
Background in development (DevOps experience)
Automation experience with SCCM
Experience with cloud-based deployment and automation
Competitive base salary + bonus, comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, LTD/STD, 401K program, cell phone reimbursement, and excellent interactive training/mentoring programs
Relus Cloud empowers clients with tailored cloud strategies and big data solutions. Our suite of services includes cloud strategy and planning, cloud architecture and design, DevOps consulting, managed services, and custom big data solutions. Relus Cloud architects have spent years on the leading edge of cloud technology, earning multiple AWS Professional Certifications for expert implementations that minimize costs, maximize investment, and leverage the full potential of cloud technologies.