Director of User Experience Research at Glassdoor
Posted in Information Technology 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mill Valley, California
Our mission at Glassdoor is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
About The Role
Glassdoor is looking for a Director of User Research to join our growing user experience team. In this role you’ll work primarily with the Product team to help conceive and validate the next generation of Glassdoor’s products and services. The successful candidate will be an influential leader, and will have the opportunity to work cross functionally with marketing, engineering and product leaders in order to achieve company-wide objectives.
This is a new role for Glassdoor and the successful candidate will help shape and define the User Research organization moving forward. Developing processes and approaches that mesh well with the needs of the product team as a whole, you will design and deliver impactful research that guides our work and brings the voice of the user to all we do.
About The Job
- Partner with the Product and UX organizations to create design solutions for our products based on customer data
- Design, organize and moderate usability studies of mockups, prototypes and live products both virtually and in San Francisco and Mill Valley, as well as ethnographic studies potentially in remote locations.
- Conduct surveys of new, current and past customers; identify and explore product-related opportunities for improvement
- Be comfortable creating a research strategy using your own methodology and executing on it independent of tactics that we may require
- Review product analytics regularly and identify opportunities for UX Design improvements while taking into consideration broader product and company business strategy.
- Partner with Glassdoor Customer Support to identify, prioritize and address user experience related issues
- Manage research budget and reporting functions
- Create and maintain dashboards and other reporting systems to keep the company up to date on results
- Evangelize the benefits of research driven design across the entire organization, and provide educational content and training to ensure the company maximizes the value of the data
- Be a mentor to others on the team and advocate new research approaches that increase the team’s capabilities
What You Need
- 10+ years of relevant Research, Analytics or Insights experience
- 5+ years’ experience in detailed data analysis
- 3+ years leading and managing a team
- Strong business acumen and collaborative skills
- Deep understanding of current quantitative and qualitative user centered design methodologies, modeling, analytics, and what method to apply to best answer the business objective
- Ability to blend both quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback into the product design process
- Strong influencing skills to help shape solutions and approaches among product teams to drive change and increase metrics
- Proven track record in understanding and presenting data and success metrics to a diverse range of business functions including marketing, product, operations, sales, and execs
- Strong communicator, presentation skills, exhibits strong work ethic and good judgment
- Experience managing vendors and/or vendor and management consulting experience
- Technical and design knowledge for developing and deploying reporting tools
- Curious and creative; enjoy complex issues and problem solving
- Ability to facilitate the rapid iterative design process
- Mobile and device-related experience
Nice To Have
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Cognitive Science, Design, or related field
- Experience working within an Agile development process
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.