CAFM Administrator at Mastech Digital
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Duration: 7+ Months
CAFM Admin Role:
- This candidate will be responsible for the administration of our CAFM system as well as helping the facilities department through some of their technology transformation.
- CAFM Administrator coordinates physical changes to CAFM databases, and populates the CAFM databases, applying knowledge of database management systems and update AutoCAD and Revit as-built drawings using record drawings, field verification and a combination of both.
Some of the minute details are as follows:
- Update As-built CAD drawings and create links to the CAFM databases.
- Develop and maintain standards/guidelines/policies for future workflows for archiving of CAD files and updating of CAFM systems. These will be applied to the corporate campus as well as the airports (we are using it for the airport side at the moment and plan to evolve it).
- Maintain CAD files in Database of projects.
- Accommodates ad-hoc requests for queries from CAFM database.
- Stay up to date on changes and updates on CAFM systems.
- Reports issues and concerns related to the overall use, functionality and performance of the CAFM system to the client.
- Acts as a single point of contact to the team for the CAFM database, As-built drawings, CAD files management and application related support
- Acts as subject matter expert for the team for CAD/CAFM related requests, providing options on how best to facilitate client request through the CAFM system that would not jeopardize industry standards or data integrity.
- May prepare materials for and lead or participate in client project review meetings, QA testing, and work with other vendors and onsite personnel.
- Develop best practices methods for AutoCAD layer conversions for optimum merging of drawings from different sources for creating overall as-built drawings.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in space/occupancy planning at a strategic level, interior office renovations, and using AutoCAD in a planning capacity is required.
- CAFM Experience is required. Experience with FM: Systems, Archibus or similar CAFM system is required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel experience required.
- Understanding of Relational Databases.
- AutoCAD as it relates to IWMS/CAFM systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Experience using SharePoint preferred.
Some additional items we include for all CAD related postings:
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb, kneel, stand, sit and walk for extended periods
- Must be able to move and/or lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions
- Ability to view and read computer monitor on a frequent basis
- Able to consistently use keyboard and mouse with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demand of the job
- Able to meet deadlines successfully
- Strong organizational, prioritization, written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing, verbally by phone and face to face
- General airport operations knowledge helpful
- Able to occasionally work extended hours
- Infrequent travel may be required
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.