Senior Analyst Operations Finance at US01 Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Military/Defense 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
This position will play a key role in the financial reporting, analysis, cost accounting and internal control compliance processes to support our global Operations Finance team. This position is expected to provide timely and accurate analytics and reporting to Finance and Supply Chain Operations management. Strong cross-functional collaboration, ability to influence and analytical skills are required. The ideal candidate will be a proven individual contributor with a track record of successfully designing and implementing internal controls around inventory, Manufacturing and Operations. The candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Operations Finance, standard costing concepts, inventory and applicable US GAAP accounting standards.
All About You
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Partner with business leaders in the Supply Chain team to ensure appropriate design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Play a hands-on role in the day-to-day cost accounting operations and work closely with cross-functional groups to develop and maintain processes, procedures and policies
- Play a leadership role in coaching and educating global Finance team members on internal controls compliance requirements
- Communicate and coordinate with global Finance team on cost accounting close process;
- Identify, perform and drive process improvement opportunities in the month end close process
- Identify financial accounting risks and recommend mitigation steps and controls
- Prepare, consolidate, review and present cost analysis on a monthly basis to Finance and Supply Chain leadership teams
- Prepare, consolidate, review and present excess and obsolete inventory analysis on a quarterly basis to Finance and Supply Chain leadership teams
- Support quarterly and annual audits by the external auditors
- Lead the maintenance of the internal financial control environment ensuring accurate financial statements and safeguarding of company assets
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, audit and lead schedules
- Support / drive ad-hoc process improvement initiatives: new product releases, inventory controls, BOMs and routings, key performance metrics and automation
- Support the business partnership role between Finance and Supply Chain Operations (monthly financial close, inventory metrics, annual budget, forecasting)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Operations Finance and Cost Accounting
- Significant experience with designing, implementing and monitoring internal controls
- Hands-on experience with SAP or other equivalent ERP
- Experience with Cognos TM1 or other equivalent financial reporting tool
- Attention to details, strong analytical background as it pertains to understanding and explaining manufacturing variances
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required; Must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files
- BS in Accounting or Finance required; CPA/CMA a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf