Human Resources Coordinator (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Admin - Clerical 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator located in Maplewood, MN At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Human Resources Coordinator will provide administrative support in all aspects of Human Resources by performing a wide variety of duties. Coordinates the implementation of multiple HR processes and compiles employee information. Applies experience and knowledge of HR, along with an applied knowledge of client organization/plant to identify issues and anticipate business needs as they relate to Human Resources. Regularly utilizes extensive experience and advanced HR knowledge to perform specialized.
- Handles problems which require identifying some solutions, selecting from alternative courses of action, with greater adaptation to circumstances as necessary. Most complex problem solving may require gathering facts, analyzing the information, and determining the appropriate solution from multiple options.
- Prepare all written materials including correspondence, visual presentation materials
- Has a major impact on the support activities of the direct work group/team, and begins to affect related activities within connected work groups/teams. Working tasks might include:
- Provides administrative support in all aspects of human resources by performing a wide range of specialized duties, such as providing procedural guidance, coaching clients on system-related transactions and procedures, or providing suggestions for improvement to current procedures, processes, and methods
- Balances conflicting priorities to establish efficient work flow
- Coordinates on- and off-site meetings, presentations, and conferences, including travel arrangements, developing agendas, taking meeting notes, and processing summary of proceedings, as necessary
- Coordinates on and offsite meetings, presentations, and conferences, includes travel as needed, developing agenda, taking meeting notes, and processing summary of proceedings
- Develops and maintains positive client relations through communication and interpersonal practices
- Travel management for the Manager and department personnel including travel visas, logistics and accounting
- Coordinates administration of diverse, complex, and highly confidential information related to compensation, benefits, performance, and other areas of HR
- Applies experience and knowledge of HR, along with knowledge of client organizations to identify issues and anticipate business needs as they relate to Human Resources
- Serves as resource person to all levels of employees regarding policies, procedures, guidelines, and practice, influencing adherence to enforcement of policy
- Exercises discretion in matters of confidentiality
- Primary contacts are typically internal and on a co-worker or professional level.
- Screen any incoming correspondence and use judgment to route new information or to alert principal to necessary immediate action
- Responsible for communication between management and their direct reports on critical issues impacting daily business operations, communicating requests and instructions when necessary
- Interaction is focused on answering routine and non-routine questions. Exchanges information with an audience which is typically knowledgeable in the subject area. Acts as department support expert by providing interpretation of support procedures and processes.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards.
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Administrative, Payroll, Recruiting, and/or Human Resources
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in Administrative, Payroll, Recruiting, and/or Human Resources
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments under pressure and short timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible work hours depending on current priorities
- Excellent judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 5%
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.