Software Engineer II- Control Systems Group at 41A F5 Networks, Inc.
Posted in General Business 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
The Control Systems Group is building the future of management interfaces that deliver advanced BIG-IP application delivery and security services to customers around the world. We are passionate about using Agile development and DevOps principles to build a modern, automation ready system that scales to meet and exceed customer expectations.
We are looking for top engineers with knowledge in C/C++, networking, protocol, switching and/or kernel domain. Join our team of super smart engineers working in a fun, fast-paced, and highly technical environment where your dreams can become reality.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of features and components in the control system as well as the automation necessary to test and deploy new features. You’ll work with architects, leads, Product Management, cross-functional teams, and other stakeholders to help define and implement solutions.
What you know:
- Development experience in object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of Linux system and containers development
- Experience with performance and debugging tools
- Strong analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Extensive knowledge of product life cycle.
- Experience with declarative APIs and microservices
- Familiarity of automation systems such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Familiarity of container orchestration products such as Kubernetes and Mesos
- Familiarity with agile, scrum, and test-driven development methodologies
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience with a Bachelor degree; or a Master degree; or equivalent experience
- Coding experience in languages such as C/C++
- Knowledge of OSI Layer-1 to 7 including LAN switches, routers, general TCP/IP and associated protocols preferred.
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.